Plan to travel the states for one year, want to install cameras in dr

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
ooooh,
and when you are in the lil hood of a small town known for already gunshots fired on a couple ocassions,
believe me, the "rumores" about the nuthead spread quicker like a wildfire during drought conditions could,
it makes your place a safe one for decades to come,
without a camera

Mike

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
I can recommend someone who does my cameras in Maimon and also Santo Domingo. He sets a permanent ip using dydns or somthing like that. The cameras and recording are always available using an app on phone Cloud storage optional. PM me if interested.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
He sets a permanent ip using dydns or somthing like that.

DynDns.org is a paid service that keeps track of your changing IP address, Last I checked, the service was about $25 U.S. a year.

This is accomplished by going into your router and activating the option and selecting DynDns.og as the service you wish to use.

On another note, if you have a DVR/NVR, the manufacturers of those devices usually have the same option of updating your IP address on their system from the DVR/NVR and it's free. No need to get into your router. Some DVR/NVR manufacturers also give you the option to choose DynDns.Org as the service to keep updated of your changing IP address.

Any time your IP address changes, there will be a delay in accessing your DVR/NVR over the Internet until the services you chose updates their records. Your DVR/NVR will continue to record regardless of IP addresses changing, no lost of video recordings.

Don