Playa Grande Golf???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
i met blaise montandon,resort marketing director of aman group at a cocktail party last month in jakarta and she told me that when playa grande was up and running in a few years membership would start at 250,000 u.s
That price and "starting at" would indicate to me that this must include the least expensive unit there.
There is no way that is just for golf.

drroyal2000

Aug 22, 2004
I hope they take care of the entire beach

This year i went to playa grande before samana santa, it was ok not really dirty, but after. it was just horrable. It seems they care less every year, about throwing there crap everywhere. They should banne those foam plates and cups. Suggestion? Here for our Folk Festival you buy a plate for $2 (wich has a the year printed on it and a different picture every year, some people collect them), then return the plate and get back your money.
If you make it worth something, they will not throw it away. They can put the different beaches name on it and ect....
I know I am dreaming that this would ever happen here, but oh well,...... and by the way, playa entrtada was just as worst.
The only place that was not effected was the Caleton of Cabrera, ... because the lady that lives in the mansion above had here workers clean up every day. People comment about how bad it is when people build near the beach, but there are exception, like this lady. I got at that beach way more than any other beach near Cabrera. ;)

MPolo970

Feb 9, 2009
PG Sure

Aman is perhaps the top ultraluxury hotel group in the world. They didn't get there by being stupid.

Pebble Beach tried to sell memberships -- it didn't work out. To get $250k for a membership, they'll have to put an international airport 10 minutes away, and pray that the entire financial world has the buggest rally in history for the next five years. PG is one of the greatest unknown courses in the world. Rees Jones plans on changing things around a bit... probably for the best, I guess.

Another question is whether or not the bay is safe for swimming in winter?? I have heard the undertow is treacherous there. Aman's money partners, a London fund, bought out a NYC party boy/socialite who couldn't make anything happen.

This spot is just too remote, and they'd need at least 200 members at $250k a pop to make it happen right. They'll have to sell a boatload of villas in the multiple millions. Where's the infrastructure? How do you get the workforce, supplies, water, sewage, blah blah blah for a large scale development 2 bad hours from Puerto Plata? It can happen, but only in a POWERFUL bull market for ultraelite US second homers. We're a long way from there right now!

As a luxury consumer, lover of PG, I hope something great happens -- I'd love a true 5-star+++++ experience and that course!!

Status
Not open for further replies.