Playero still no clue

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
How can you complain when they now stock Pepperidge Farm cookies.
jose luis in POP has them now too! we bought two boxes. :eek:
151 for brussels and 172 for sausalito. what are the prices in playero?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
jose luis in POP has them now too! we bought two boxes. :eek:
151 for brussels and 172 for sausalito. what are the prices in playero?

That is only a RD10 Peso premium to New York Sausalito prices.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
As I indicated in a previous message, I usually don't send a second message to the owners of Playero. But as there were some new concerns identified recently, I sent another message tonight.

As always, the input, constructive input, was much appreciated. And in their reply to my message they also made clear that they read every message deposited in the box and follow up to the greatest extent possible.

"The suggestion box is read by Gino or myself and you can be sure that we try to do our best to improve and get some items if available in the DR, as well as other suggestions.

"We are doing our best and we work hard on solving them."

I think we should all keep in mind that Playero is a large organization with a great many employees. No company, large or small, can be sure that every employee at every minute is performing in the expected manner. Anyone who has management experience knows that.

One important reason for putting up the box was to get the help of all who shop at Playero. The best way to let the owners know there is something that needs their attention is to make use of the box. They say they read every message, and knowing them and talking with them frequently, I am certain that they do.

Those who think the owners are clueless are invited to clue them in.

Last edited:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
you mean only 10 pesos more than in the USA? should i get more boxes? maybe they priced the cookies incorrectly?

They cost USD $3.99 in New York, buy more, they are clearly mispriced, do it fast before Ken tattles to the owners!
20120905-pepperidge-farm-cookies-chunk-sausalito.jpg

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
172 is jose luis price and if ken talks to the owner about it i will personally twist his nuts ;)
they must be mislabeled. i looked at the bill four times already. 172, no matter how i squint my eyes...
oh well. gotta go back. they also have the one with white chocolate... and milano cookies... and one more kind, plain...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Didn'tour favorite comparison shopper, O&C start a thread for price comparisons?

You two should have a look.... TT can give us the US price and the Deviate can travel from store to store checking price/quality..... in disguise when necessary.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
pepperidge farms are showing up in all the supermarkets nationwide now.... around the 180RD price.

spmc

Nov 7, 2008
pepperidge farms are showing up in all the supermarkets nationwide now.... around the 180RD price.

not a bad price at all, $3.69 everyday price in upstate NY. but frequently on sale for $2.50.

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
This may be a little off-topic - but what is the logic in having 2 Playero supermercados within 1000 feet of each other? Are they owned and managed by the same folks ? There were 2 Playero's as long as 25 years ago, when we first started coming here : but considering all the aforementioned difficulties hiring staff, training staff, hiring managers to manage same, what business plan/model would suggest that you should DOUBLE all those headaches and difficulties ? These are obviously very smart owners - so there must be good profit or something in it for them. But why not take the best staff from both stores and combine into one well-run, smoothly-oiled operation ?

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
This may be a little off-topic - but what is the logic in having 2 Playero supermercados within 1000 feet of each other? Are they owned and managed by the same folks ? There were 2 Playero's as long as 25 years ago, when we first started coming here : but considering all the aforementioned difficulties hiring staff, training staff, hiring managers to manage same, what business plan/model would suggest that you should DOUBLE all those headaches and difficulties ? These are obviously very smart owners - so there must be good profit or something in it for them. But why not take the best staff from both stores and combine into one well-run, smoothly-oiled operation ?

Same owner. I don't remember 2 Playeros. What I remember is Playero being on the corner kitty corner from where it is now.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Because one is a convenience store and the other a supermarket.
In retail, those represent 2 very different things.....