PN has fingerprinting machines now

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I would be happy if everything installed here works as it should (and without corruption also creeping in). It would help the country to be more secure. But I realize how things go their Dominican way.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
If they paid the money makers on a reward scheme only then everything would work first time, constantly and forever. Things just don't work because they don't have to, everyone who is important gets paid either way, and keeps their jobs even if they don't.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
If you are connected you can get them done with invisible ink , remember the radar speed detectors ?

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
From what I can gather is that this was installed and implemented so the PN can keep better track of there officers and there whereabouts.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
The taking of finger prints is very very simple ..it is sending them and storing them that requires equipment , but my view is that the computers here in immigration and in the central bank are working very well and I imagine that the computers storing these finger prints will also work well . I really think there is new young breed of computer experts here that understand all about updates and machine maintenance that will soon change life in the DR for all who do not wish to comply with laws . My concern would be the admission of these prints as evidence in courts.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
connected with the database of the JCE, who handed the machines to the PN,
the database would include almost everybody from the age 16 and up, including all foreign residents in the country,
because the biometric data(prints and photos) been taken by JCE of everybody who changed his/her old cedula into the new one, and JCE and Immigrations took those data thingies of everybody who renewed a residency card or cedula the last several years.
so they do not look just for known criminals who may have been fingerprinted or not due a prior commited crime,
they can compare fingerprints, found at a crime scene, with the whole database of digital prints available, to also identify any first time offender.
sounds interesting.
time will tell if something of it works here or not.
would be a nice step forwards, if it would.

Mike

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Have any of you ever been into a police station here? This is definitely money well wasted. I?m trying not to laugh :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
interesting fact. my brother in law is in charge in the Las Vegas crime lab, even with laser tech, two items that they cannot get prints from. Styrofoam cups plates etc, and 3m double sticky tape. so offer your enemies a Styrofoam drink not a glass