Policia Nacional

Texasfool

*** Sock Puppet ***
Nov 9, 2004
I wonder what the King is doing tonight, he's crying, he's crying

Nal0whs said:
Kid? Ok, let's have it your way, but I never heard of a "kid" being a 33 year old man. But, if that is a "kid" for you, so be it.

Actually, your worthless attempts are bringing me joy.

I'm actually laughing as I'm typing right now. It's just hallarious how a guy who points at me as a "worldly know it all person" is acting in such a way himself? I mean, do you Texasfool think that you are correct in anything you have posted here??

Think about it for a moment. Do you truly know to who you are talking to? Do you? Are you postively sure? Are you 100% secure? Can you prove it?

What exactly do you want to know? All you have to do is ask...

Are you guessing about yourself?

College ended about a decade ago for me, with the exception of 2002 when I decided to get back into school and finish up my masters. I also needed to further develop more rapport with my friends in Westchester and Fairfield county and I needed to make more alliances with people of higher economic positions, as such, I enrolled at the University of Connecticut for to complete my Masters.

Now I got it (goal accomplished), I got good important contacts, contacts that have served me well in for my business interests in the US in terms of expansion into that country, and I learned more about the American people and way of living than most people my age here in the DR.

Why should it be deleted?

Bashings appear all the time in DR1, why would this one be any different?

Afterall, it's as if you are the only one who have tried to bash at me. In the contrary, you are a drop in the bucket when it comes to this, but you know what, I'm still around and I still am who I am because people think they know, but that is exactly when they find out that they knew nothing at all about such other person.

BTW, thank you for the laugh. It's incredible all the verbal diarrhea that people come up with when I post something that had so much an effect on them that they almost lost sleep over it.

Otherwise, why waste your time posting things that will have no effect on the person you are trying to affect to start with. What ever I did that made you uncomfortable to the point of bashing me was stronger than any of your lies being posted here.

I suggest you sleep it over, tomorrow will be another fresh golden day... ;)

I bow to your superior intellect, travel, knowledge of the world and it's people

You obviously have a vast amount of time to travel in your G V, LJR and Mercedes. I am only a lowly American, what could I possibly know

I will now spend my time searching the net that I may appear as knowledgeable and experienced as this "33 year" old man

Comic books they say

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Now boys, play nice

The Original Post had to do with Police and Corruption.

The thread probably established the fact that the Dominican National Police are, in fact, underpaid, generally corrupt, and carry a big "Us againt Them" complex on their shoulders.

there was an item in one of today's papers addressing just those very questions, so, obviously, they have not been answered.

As for Texasfool and Mr. NalOwhs (why don't you get an 'easier' nickname for Heaven's sake?)....Flamewars should be witty, generally not insulting without satire, and deeply intellectual. Those are the Rules....okay>?

HB
Moderator of this here forum.....

Texasfool

*** Sock Puppet ***
Nov 9, 2004
Actuallythe King is scared

Hillbilly said:
The Original Post had to do with Police and Corruption.

The thread probably established the fact that the Dominican National Police are, in fact, underpaid, generally corrupt, and carry a big "Us againt Them" complex on their shoulders.

there was an item in one of today's papers addressing just those very questions, so, obviously, they have not been answered.

As for Texasfool and Mr. NalOwhs (why don't you get an 'easier' nickname for Heaven's sake?)....Flamewars should be witty, generally not insulting without satire, and deeply intellectual. Those are the Rules....okay>?

HB
Moderator of this here forum.....

It would appear the affliction of the DNP is carried by many of the country

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
OK, Mr moderator - I'll try...

Mr Narrows... (Oops! I'll get it right sometime -- ) your
conceited and superior posts these days leave me distinctly underconfident at the veracity of your self-important knowledge. You know nothing about my continent... yet you present your erroneous views in a supercilious and puffed up manner, clearly illustrating your lack of knowledge to those who know. Just before you rent that small plane or helicopter, ask yourself who will be driving it. On my continent of birth (see, see! not my Island, my Continent) condescending self-important folks have found themselves in strange places with unexplicable dreadlocks in their pubic hair, and wondering how such a phenomenon could take place -- and this all, just 'cause the pilot didn't like 'em. Almost the same as the DR police... excepting the DR police will take a bribe from anybody and do not have sufficient creativity to think of dreadlocks....

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Chris said:
On my continent of birth (see, see! not my Island, my Continent) condescending self-important folks have found themselves in strange places with unexplicable dreadlocks in their pubic hair, and wondering how such a phenomenon could take place -- and this all, just 'cause the pilot didn't like 'em. Almost the same as the DR police... excepting the DR police will take a bribe from anybody and do not have sufficient creativity to think of dreadlocks....
inexplicable dreadlocks in their pubic hair!!! LMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Chris, thanks for this evening's belly laugh!

Texasfool

*** Sock Puppet ***
Nov 9, 2004
Chris said:
OK, Mr moderator - I'll try...

Mr Narrows... (Oops! I'll get it right sometime -- ) your
conceited and superior posts these days leave me distinctly underconfident at the veracity of your self-important knowledge. You know nothing about my continent... yet you present your erroneous views in a supercilious and puffed up manner, clearly illustrating your lack of knowledge to those who know. Just before you rent that small plane or helicopter, ask yourself who will be driving it. On my continent of birth (see, see! not my Island, my Continent) condescending self-important folks have found themselves in strange places with unexplicable dreadlocks in their pubic hair, and wondering how such a phenomenon could take place -- and this all, just 'cause the pilot didn't like 'em. Almost the same as the DR police... excepting the DR police will take a bribe from anybody and do not have sufficient creativity to think of dreadlocks....

Tread carefully Chris, as Mr Nailed to the wall threatened me: You don't know who you are dealing with :) I think he may be Johnny Abbes re incarnated, at least in his own little world

Texasfool

*** Sock Puppet ***
Nov 9, 2004
Nal0whs said:
What exactly do you want to know? All you have to do is ask...

, I enrolled at the University of Connecticut for to complete my Masters.

My Cousin was at UCONN in 02, did you happen to know Dee?

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
stallion said:
The cops in DR are the most corrupt cops in the world. They are violent and aggressive. i think someone should send Presidente Leonel a message. I think the Cops improvement should be on his #1 agenda list.

Very interesting post you made. I am very curious as to where you get your facts from. Or are you referring to fact or just your personal belief! If you are referring to fact please provide the source. If you are referring to your personal belief we can understand your anger, but your accusations are wrong. I personally know many Policia National that are God fearing people. Remember, this is still a very big world we live in and believe it or not there are corrupt cops everywhere.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Texasfool said:
Tread carefully Chris, as Mr Nailed to the wall threatened me: You don't know who you are dealing with :) I think he may be Johnny Abbes re incarnated, at least in his own little world

Just joking a little with Nal0whs... Nothing serious and he/she understands the nature of online forums. It was Hillbilly's comment that flame wars should be 'deeply intellectual' that completely did me in... I'm still thinking of 'deeply intellectual' comments... in relation to a thread on the Dominican Cops, I cannot help but to laugh..

More seriously, most countries pay their cops, nurses, teachers, cops and other 'keeping the peace type' support staff peanuts. I've always found this sad. We've been lucky so far, most we've been shaken down for, was a beer and it was a darn hot day, so I could understand the request.

Texasfool

*** Sock Puppet ***
Nov 9, 2004
Nal's, we do understand

Chris said:
Just joking a little with Nal0whs... Nothing serious and he/she understands the nature of online forums. It was Hillbilly's comment that flame wars should be 'deeply intellectual' that completely did me in... I'm still thinking of 'deeply intellectual' comments... in relation to a thread on the Dominican Cops, I cannot help but to laugh..

More seriously, most countries pay their cops, nurses, teachers, cops and other 'keeping the peace type' support staff peanuts. I've always found this sad. We've been lucky so far, most we've been shaken down for, was a beer and it was a darn hot day, so I could understand the request.

As you say, I don't find DR policeman to be "dangerous," but lacking money and trying to make a living by "bribes"

It does bode poorly for the country when the first line of public defense is a parasite on the public, but until you hire educated Police Officers at a livable wage, that is the way it will be

Police departments in the USA are directly professional in their performance related to pay and education
I'm really not certain if Nalwal gets his information from the Internet or television, but mistaking Kruger Park for another in Nairobi is like mistaking Disney World for Hollywood, especially as he recalls "being there" He had.has no idea what he is talking about, even though he "was there" in his mind.

This quote by Nal's in reply to your questioning his recall of Kruger is so blatantly copied from a travel guide, it is pitiful

"Quote:
The Nairobi National Park in Kenya is close to Nairobi - as I recall, only about 10 minutes drive by Landrover from the city center. You can run out there for an afternoon's viewing. It is much smaller than the Kruger, if I remember my High School geography, only about 100 sq kms. If you've been there, you will remember, as it is a sight that never leaves your eyes. It is the only place in the world where you can see say a black rhino grazing with the city in the background. " by Nal's

In fact, he was in the USA when the incident when the Haitian was abused and probably witnessed Rodney King's beating along with O J Simpson's pursuit :) :tired:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Texasfool said:
This quote by Nal's in reply to your questioning his recall of Kruger is so blatantly copied from a travel guide, it is pitiful

"Quote:
The Nairobi National Park in Kenya is close to Nairobi - as I recall, only about 10 minutes drive by Landrover from the city center. You can run out there for an afternoon's viewing. It is much smaller than the Kruger, if I remember my High School geography, only about 100 sq kms. If you've been there, you will remember, as it is a sight that never leaves your eyes. It is the only place in the world where you can see say a black rhino grazing with the city in the background. " by Nal's

Now, just for the record, let's get our quotes straight - what you're quoting here are my words - not from a travel guide - from memory - It has been a few years you know.. But I think I still have my countries fairly straight and I think I remember where the major parks are, despite old age and memory loss. ;)

What do you say we leave Nals alone now and continue/or not with the thread?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
"Unexplainable dreadlocks in you pubic hair?????""

"Now that is what I call humor!!

Lovely...

Fool, give the guy a break...at least he was on the right continent....and it has nothing to do with the OP....

Lately, the avenue along which rests the Hovel has been graced with two young policemen on foot patrol, all day long. Obviously from the lower strata of society, but nice enough. They know that a "well-connected physical therapist/Sargeant Major/friend to the generals" lives across the street from us. I know that the PN don't get "squat" during their times on duty. SO, I have invited these guys to partake of our daily meals. Do you know that they have yet to do so? Nevertheless, I saw them in the patio of another place down at the end of the street. My guess? They are too self conscious to enter our place and eat..Or, something like that...

Whatever...no unexlainable braids around here...

HB :D:D

Texasfool

*** Sock Puppet ***
Nov 9, 2004
Hillbilly said:
"Now that is what I call humor!!

Lovely...

Fool, give the guy a break...at least he was on the right continent....and it has nothing to do with the OP....

Lately, the avenue along which rests the Hovel has been graced with two young policemen on foot patrol, all day long. Obviously from the lower strata of society, but nice enough. They know that a "well-connected physical therapist/Sargeant Major/friend to the generals" lives across the street from us. I know that the PN don't get "squat" during their times on duty. SO, I have invited these guys to partake of our daily meals. Do you know that they have yet to do so? Nevertheless, I saw them in the patio of another place down at the end of the street. My guess? They are too self conscious to enter our place and eat..Or, something like that...

Whatever...no unexlainable braids around here...

HB :D:D

Billy

What was the original post? Something about corruption within the NP/

You are right, I have gone way off topic chasing Nal's adventures, my apology

Texasfool

*** Sock Puppet ***
Nov 9, 2004
Sorry Chris

Chris said:
Now, just for the record, let's get our quotes straight - what you're quoting here are my words - not from a travel guide - from memory - It has been a few years you know.. But I think I still have my countries fairly straight and I think I remember where the major parks are, despite old age and memory loss. ;)

I did a full text search and came up withy a travel blog almost verbatim to that description, I made the erroneous assumption that Nals was vsiting Kenya from his apartment in Santo Domingo again.

Maybe it was your blog? Unfortunately I didn't book mark it, but of no consequence as Billy says, we should return to the OP and let Gulliver resume his travels ;)

getonwithit

Mar 17, 2003
stallion said:
The cops in DR are the most corrupt cops in the world.

- i don't think that is true.
like you, i am making a generalisation here in that you wouldn't want to meet a nigerian cop on a dark night. most of them you wouldn't want to meet in the plain of day either.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
getonwithit said:
- i don't think that is true.
like you, i am making a generalisation here in that you wouldn't want to meet a nigerian cop on a dark night. most of them you wouldn't want to meet in the plain of day either.

Exactly...this is my point. It takes one to travel throughout the world and see the abuses of people at the hands of the authorities in order to make such a broad and strong statement that "The Dominican Police are the most corrupt in the world". Cripes...can you imgine getting that award? LOL..I have my own stories and these two come to mind. Policia National enter a home, there is a man and an older (the man's grandmother) sitting in the gallery. The man jumps to his feet demanding to know what is going on. The PN shoots the man in the chest killing him instantly. The old woman collapses and dies from a heart attack. it turns out the PN went into the wrong house and killed two innocent people. No apologies were offered.

Recently a PN captain and his brother in law got into an argument over who was going to drive the jeepeta. Later that night, the captain goes to a police station stating that they were robbed of their jeepeta and his brother in law and the man's brother were shot and killed. It turned out that the captain killed both of these men over the argument of a jeepeta. This captain is now in prison.

However, I am in law enforcement here in the NY area since 1982 and I have seen my own forms of abuse of the law by law enforcement officials. LOL..believe me, you don't need to be in a third world country to see corruption.

Happy New Year!

Scottie

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
DominicanScotty said:
Exactly...this is my point. It takes one to travel throughout the world and see the abuses of people at the hands of the authorities in order to make such a broad and strong statement that "The Dominican Police are the most corrupt in the world". Cripes...can you imgine getting that award? LOL..I have my own stories and these two come to mind. Policia National enter a home, there is a man and an older (the man's grandmother) sitting in the gallery. The man jumps to his feet demanding to know what is going on. The PN shoots the man in the chest killing him instantly. The old woman collapses and dies from a heart attack. it turns out the PN went into the wrong house and killed two innocent people. No apologies were offered.

Recently a PN captain and his brother in law got into an argument over who was going to drive the jeepeta. Later that night, the captain goes to a police station stating that they were robbed of their jeepeta and his brother in law and the man's brother were shot and killed. It turned out that the captain killed both of these men over the argument of a jeepeta. This captain is now in prison.

However, I am in law enforcement here in the NY area since 1982 and I have seen my own forms of abuse of the law by law enforcement officials. LOL..believe me, you don't need to be in a third world country to see corruption.

Happy New Year!

Scottie

Well Policia Nacional are not he brightest cops in the world. But they gotta survive to live. I mean I got Puerto plata cop friends and sometimes they are asking people for gas money. They do not have enough cruisers, so they have to take motor bikes to get around. And they certainly dont recieve the biggest punishment for their actions. In order for DR cops to do good jobs they have to recieve many many good funding, which at the moment they lack of. Corruption is their biggest game.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
stallion said:
Well Policia Nacional are not he brightest cops in the world. But they gotta survive to live. I mean I got Puerto plata cop friends and sometimes they are asking people for gas money. They do not have enough cruisers, so they have to take motor bikes to get around. And they certainly dont recieve the biggest punishment for their actions. In order for DR cops to do good jobs they have to recieve many many good funding, which at the moment they lack of. Corruption is their biggest game.

Now this I will agree with 100% It is comical when I see my PN buddies pushing their beat up Toyota down the street because it ran out of gas. They see me and of course they amble over (knowing that I too am a cop) and I always give them a 100RD or so. They smile and I smile because we both know the deal..it is a silly (but sad) joke!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
DominicanScotty said:
Scottie

Thank you Scottie. That sum up everything I was trying to explain on this board, before it was hijacked for a while.

You don't need to be in a third world country to see corruption.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Chris said:

It's good to know that you will not sacrifice another person's thread for the sake of bashing someone else, not that you were trying to bash me, but someone else was with no regards.

If people want to bash me, create a new thread!!

And TFool, first you disbelief whatever I say (and I don't have a problem with that, believe what you want - the world does not revolves around what anybody believes), but you use someone else's quotes in an attempt to bash at me.

Are you really that desparate? I mean, if you are trying to discredit me, at least quote MY words and not someone else's.

And to keep it on Topic,
Yes, Dominican Policia Nacional are corrupt, but they are not the most corrupt in the world. Anybody who has been in less developed countries than DR would clearly attest to that.