Port-Au-Prince residents sheltering in place as violence escalates

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Sir Windy. I know you think the drug trade runs and rules the world. A firearm can be imported to any corner of the earth. If I were living and doing business in Haiti I would have two firearms. A pistol and a carbine. There is still business being conducted in Haiti. The owners are offshore.
The owners are smart to be offshore. Reduces the chance of kidnapping for ransom.

I would choose an Uzi over the carbine.

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
I would guess that the majority of their cash comes from corruption and drug sales. Remember the earthquake of 2010? Billions into the Red Cross. None of it has been accounted for. After over 10 years there were still people living in tents.

This is why I always argue that if you aren't personally involved in a charity, don't give anything.

Correct!
It is the same scheme all over the world.
Billions are paid in International aid, stolen by corrupt leaderships into private offshore accounts.

Haiti is a perfect example of this, history is evident.

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
How do they get their wealth? These familieshave been wealthy, they are the "old money" in Haiti. Who do you think armed the gangs in the first place?

Not to forget the many Haitians who received shelter in foreign countries
Some of them are using their offshore money to get richer and destabilize Haiti even more.
Plenty of evidence available.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
The owners are smart to be offshore. Reduces the chance of kidnapping for ransom.

an uzi fires from an open bolt configuration. Not accurate enough. Pistol for close up and personal and a carbine for 40+ yards

• Wow
Reactions: windeguy

Big

Apr 24, 2019

brokers are involved in mining and Ag. Many never leave their lap top, most have never been to Haiti.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
an uzi fires from an open bolt configuration. Not accurate enough. Pistol for close up and personal and a carbine for 40+ yards
It's the mental image the Haitians have about them. They can fire a gazillion bullets in a few seconds, you know.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What has all this discussion about gun types got to do with Port-au-Prince residents sheltering in place?
The discussion is based around what firearms the gangs are using in Haiti and the "international outrage" that these gangs have easy access to whatever arms they so desire because they get money to by them from old money Haitians who like the unstable situation and from drug deals as well.

The debate is to advise these gangs as to which arms are best, in a manner of speaking. :cool:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
What has all this discussion about gun types got to do with Port-au-Prince residents sheltering in place?
I mentioned a friend who is a resident in Haiti who has a few guns. You can bet that anyone who can afford one has one.

Reactions: Big and NanSanPedro

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Understood. I am used to the limitations of what pistols can be in the DR>
Haiti has no such limitations on caliber nor magazine limits. A large magazine pistol would do just fine,
with an M16ish rifle.

Reactions: Big

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So with Kenya out and no others wisely not willing to "go first" , what is next for Haiti?

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Understood. I am used to the limitations of what pistols can be in the DR>
Haiti has no such limitations on caliber nor magazine limits. A large magazine pistol would do just fine,
with an M16ish rifle.
tough to walk around a job site with a long gun or around your home or property. Of course, there is military hardware that can penetrate walls and lay waste to an entire city block, but it is not practical. A pistol which is different from a revolver has a higher capacity and can be worn under a shirt. A carbine like an M4 ( the civilian version) is good for an open area if one is in the AG or mining business. All the cattle farmers near the border in the U,S have these types of setups. They know a thing or two about defending themselves.

Reactions: windeguy

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
So with Kenya out and no others wisely not willing to "go first" , what is next for Haiti?
Guy Phillipe, the ex senator, police chief, Aristede overthrower, drug lord/convict, is rabble rousing all over Haiti right now. He wants Henri to quit. He claims he's not interested in the presidency. Only a fool would believe him - same shit with a different wrapper. But yet the people are responding to him.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Guy Phillipe, the ex senator, police chief, Aristede overthrower, drug lord/convict, is rabble rousing all over Haiti right now. He wants Henri to quit. He claims he's not interested in the presidency. Only a fool would believe him - same shit with a different wrapper. But yet the people are responding to him.
When you are the only one saying something, I guess people will listen. But will Guy Philippe get any power?
Or will the situation just go on as is with various gang lords, killings, and kidnappings?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
When you are the only one saying something, I guess people will listen. But will Guy Philippe get any power?
Or will the situation just go on as is with various gang lords, killings, and kidnappings?
In my very humble opinion, Phillipe will be prez by the end of this year, the gangs will agree (for a small fee) to back him, and everything else will remain the same, except that maybe the Clinton Foundation will get a bit richer.

Reactions: AlaninDR