Possible Update on Efile Data for D.R. When Leaving the D.R. or Arriving to the D.R.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I beg to differ.
At the end of the it's really none of your business who's here as a tourist, who's here as a resident or who's here on an overstay... now is it?

It's funny as hell watching the guys with residency or (in your case) citizenship display their frustration, aggravation and dissatisfaction with those who play by the government's overstay rules.

Let it go man.
There 's far more important things in this country to spend ya time worrying about.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
They have a plan. It is to make it easy on tourists, visitors, snowbirds or whatever you want to call them. Come and enjoy as long as you like, pay a fee to the DR when you leave and return whenever you like. No paperwork, lawyers, forms, or anything other than to just show up. It works well all around...........
I agree , the same plan has been in effect since Juan Pablo Duarte..

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
But what about when your flight originates in the DR? I have done a few round trips from here on American and never been asked. In fact, my last one way was when I got here in October of 2018. Everytime since then has been a round trip and only on American. Never asked for a return to the USA.
I fly AA almost exclusively and they never asked me,over a hundred flights,they have asked me 5 times in a row now. It isn't only the DR either. Colombia never asked me now I get asked every time with both AA and Copa. Something has changed.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
At the end of the it's really none of your business who's here as a tourist, who's here as a resident or who's here on an overstay... now is it?
As a DR citizen it is my business. Just like the illegal citizens in my home country are also my "business".
It's funny as hell watching the guys with residency or (in your case) citizenship display their frustration, aggravation and dissatisfaction with those who play by the government's overstay rules.

Let it go man.
There 's far more important things in this country to spend ya time worrying about.
I will not let it go. I want the laws to be enforced and a Snowbird visa to be enacted like Colombia has.

Reactions: thompstr

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
As a DR citizen it is my business. Just like the illegal citizens in my home country are also my "business".

I will not let it go. I want the laws to be enforced and a Snowbird visa to be enacted like Colombia has.
"I WANT"...Boo hoo.. I wanted a red flyer sled for Christmas and guess what...

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003

Let me break the news to you Mr. Citizen... You have zero rights regarding the laws in the DR with your current "citizenship". None. Zip. Nada. Who cares what "you want"? Tell us one proactive cause you took on in the area of politics and what were your successes .

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Let me break the news to you Mr. Citizen... You have zero rights regarding the laws in the DR with your current "citizenship".
I have the right to vote. Seems like more than zero to me.

None. Zip. Nada. Who cares what "you want"? Tell us one proactive cause you took on in the area of politics and what were your successes .
I won't "give up" regarding illegals. And I mean all illegals.

Reactions: bob saunders

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Let me break the news to you Mr. Citizen... You have zero rights regarding the laws in the DR with your current "citizenship". None. Zip. Nada. Who cares what "you want"? Tell us one proactive cause you took on in the area of politics and what were your successes .
I have been a citizen a lot longer than anyone here with the exception of my friend Alain, who beat me by less than a year. For 20 years anyway. But it was a cinch then to get and a mess now to try. I only recommend Residency and Citizenship if you are going into a lucrative business here. And do so with competent representation. As for moaning and groaning and wishing, best to live elsewhere.......

Nov 9, 2023
SC
Dual citizenship? So you can flee back to the US when things go bad here. Eat from two trees. Sounds hypocrite, make a choice if you want to be taken seriously.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Dual citizenship? So you can flee back to the US when things go bad here. Eat from two trees. Sounds hypocrite, make a choice if you want to be taken seriously.
Now there is a response that I cannot take seriously.

I was born a US citizen.

Now I live in the DR and was at the beginning a legal resident. Instead of renewing residency, I became a DR citizen.

I have the right to vote in both countries.

What is there in that which someone should not take seriously?

Reactions: SKY
Nov 9, 2023
SC
Well when I apply for DR citizenship I will loose my EU passport, all my rights, pension and medicare in the EU and freedom of travel in most of the world. Now does that look like your situation? Just to say you can’t generalize everybody being here.

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
What is hypocritical about have dual citizenship? I am a dual Canadian/Dominican citizen. I live here, pay taxes here, and vote here. I don't live in Canada, don't vote there (although I could) , I do pay Canadian taxes, Nothing hypocritical about any of that. Yes, I have options, most thinking people provide themselves with a Plan A and a Plan B.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Perhaps you should move to Colombia.
No doubt they'd love to have another gringo who insist the government make a few changes in order to make him happy. 😄😅😂🤣😋

Reactions: drstock and johne

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Well when I apply for DR citizenship I will loose my EU passport, all my rights, pension and medicare in the EU and freedom of travel in most of the world. Now does that look like your situation? Just to say you can’t generalize everybody being here.
I don't know what your original country is but you will not lose your nationality in most cases when you become a Dominican citizen, and you I think would keep your European passport as long as you didn't have a Dominican passport. There have been some recent changes in some European countries you may not be aware of. https://nomadcapitalist.com/global-citizen/countries-allow-dual-citizenship/#title_0

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Perhaps you should move to Colombia.
No doubt they'd love to have another gringo who insist the government make a few changes in order to make him happy. 😄😅😂🤣😋
Some people believe in the rule of law, others, like you, obviously don't.