Posting pics on this board.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I am very sorry, Pichardo. I liked your photo's about your motorcycle trip, but too much, is too much.

Have you ever heard of photobucket, flicker, or wathever, and making an account there, and then posting the link here...

You seem to forget a lot of people have slow connections here, or are maybe making use of a netbook without the memory needed to load such a huge amount of pics...

So, great pics, but pls post them another way...

PS: tried to post it on your topic, but gave up after 30 minutes, and not having reached the end yet...

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
He did a great job, the most beautiful pictures ever posted in this board... I could see what I remember of my country, the DR reality.

Moderators please subdivide the photo gallery in several pages so any computer running with small memory will be able to open it.

JJ

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
A simple link to the source of the photos would have saved Pichardo a lot of time and effort:

Cavebiker.smugmug.com/Adventure-Travel/DR1 >> Adventure Rider

Belgiank and Bachata, you didn't think they were his photos, did you?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I had two different computers lock up today on the motorcycle thread - one a Dell PC desktop in my office, and the other a MacBook in my den. On Comcast in NJ, so not even dealing with DR provider. To me, there is no reason for all those photos to be on here, when the link that SantiagoDR posted would have sufficed.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
I am often on metered Internet, e.g. using iphone with a data plan from Claro, that has a daily limit of 100-200 megabytes, and opening a thread like that consumes a lot of bandwidth right there. It would be great to at least have a warning against the thread title.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
I still wish Pichardo would use links.

I wish he'd cite sources as minerva said.

Something like:, my buddy went to the DR and here's some pictures . . . . . or I saw this on X website and it's so beautiful I'd like to share or Look what I just snapped while . . . . . . . .

Did you hear about the couple whose family vacation pictures showed up on a billboard in Prague?

I have no idea what Pichardo looks like, but I kind of thought he wasn't the one on the bike.