"PREACHardo",Say It Isn't SO!!!!!!! "SPIN" Needed ASAP!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Lots of tourists and cruise ships are there (T&T")everyday all years long.
Most Americans are not very adventurous when it comes to eating "Local Food" in the tropics,hence they go for the "Names" they recognize.
CCCCCCCCCCC

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I found this quite surprising:

Now I admit not knowing that much about T&T, but that seems like a LOT of franchises for those islands...
It does, too much for any population of less than 1.3 million - I wonder if it is a mistake and they mean the regional figure?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Well, I have never been to either one of them...and I am not sure if I have ever even eaten anything from there. There is a great place across the street from Hach? called El Tronco where every afternoon they charcoal broil perhaps 90 chickens...perfectly..cost is probably RD$250 now, but I have not been there for a while...my bad. Never been to Chile's either or this new Pepper place. Or BergerkKing. My three visits to Mickey D's were forced on me...I eat Pizzarelli or Macao pizza not Domino or the other one.

So, I am not surprised.

This thread is funny...

HB

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
why even try when you fly....

- nothing but strange looks from staff when I plead for a jumbo to compliment my pechula at both Boston area and the Conde KFCs...
- Hooter's may have a mission statement circa de mi corazon, but honestly I can get white meat breaded wings in anytown USA.
- And finally at RayMcKroc's burger bonanza... I months ago had a simple American hope, to show my (Dominicana) wife the (possibly) two reasons Mickey Dees is a world-wide marketing phenom....fries and the good ole Chocolate Thick Shake....I raved, and I bragged and I even cautioned (that the rest is a waste of dinero and waist). But the papa fritas y thick shakes....muy bueno mi amor.

On the particular day we made our visit and went into what would be perhaps our only (ever) stop at the Golden Arches, I was in particular need for mea cupla w/ my love, (long story another time). Thank you Maximo Gomez McD's...no shakes on tap!!!!. What a let down of a let down. That formerly seaweed thickened razon- detra was no where to be found. I continued to eat crow for the rest of the day. wft.....en serio

needless to say even a McD and KFC born and bred gring-nut such as myself can find reason to frequent Pollo Carbon any day of the week. shiat, I even took a family of 5 (once upon a time) to dinner for 380 pesos..what's not to love!? (of course the horse hair extensions the next day for chica at Ave. Mexico busted that weeks budget), but that's for another chat.

Well, I have never been to either one of them...and I am not sure if I have ever even eaten anything from there. There is a great place across the street from Hach? called El Tronco where every afternoon they charcoal broil perhaps 90 chickens...perfectly..cost is probably RD$250 now, but I have not been there for a while...my bad. Never been to Chile's either or this new Pepper place. Or BergerkKing. My three visits to Mickey D's were forced on me...I eat Pizzarelli or Macao pizza not Domino or the other one.

So, I am not surprised.

This thread is funny...

HB

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
He's probably way too busy trying to convince others that Trayvon Martin was a cold-hearted murderous thug infamous for killing folks with skittles while George Zimmerman was a decent, law abiding citizen who just happened to have a need for his gun.

Or preparing a slide show that shows how the DR is about to eclipse the U.S., E.U., and Japan and China (combined) in economic might....

Randall Bell

Feb 17, 2012
I would like to take this moment to present an interesting tangent -

Regarding T&T - tobago has some of the nicest beaches that I've ever seen - nicer than the DR, and the girls there really know how to shake their back side if any of you are interested in that sort of thing.

That is all :)