Price of a Gas Cooker in the POP area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
I agree - Gonzalez from the outside gives the impression that it is very pricey - just goes to show that first impressions aren't always right!!
Thank you so much Lambada, less than 4 weeks to go..... B is under a little black cloud at the moment, bad back, no job..... I sense this may let a little light in!!
Rio

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I bought a Sankey!

The deed is done - cooker is paid for, I found a different salesperson & got another RS$385 knocked off ;) bringing total to RD$6500. It even has a bright pink ribbon tied in a bow on it, awaiting birthday girl's visit. The whole store :cheeky: now knows the complicated set up whereby I am paying for you, you are in UK & you are buying for B's birthday. I reconfirmed that delivery to Sabana Grande is no problem & no extra. All B has to do now is visit the store & tell them precisely how to find her for the delivery. After she has picked herself up off the floor from the surprise.............

I'll email you the phone number & name of saleslady, manager who did the receipt, code number, etc etc - it's all in their computer system.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
The deed is done - cooker is paid for, I found a different salesperson & got another RS$385 knocked off ;) bringing total to RD$6500. It even has a bright pink ribbon tied in a bow on it, awaiting birthday girl's visit. The whole store :cheeky: now knows the complicated set up whereby I am paying for you, you are in UK & you are buying for B's birthday. I reconfirmed that delivery to Sabana Grande is no problem & no extra. All B has to do now is visit the store & tell them precisely how to find her for the delivery. After she has picked herself up off the floor from the surprise.............

I'll email you the phone number & name of saleslady, manager who did the receipt, code number, etc etc - it's all in their computer system.

Fantastic - thank you so much Lambada - has it already got the ribbon on it? We have got another 3+ weeks to go!! You have been great - thanks

:cheeky: Rio

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Tuesday is stove day....

For anyone vaguely following the developments on this - Lambada has very kindly put in a great deal of time and effort finding a gas cooker and buying it on my behalf as a gift for my "bestest" Dominican friend who currently cooks on 2 gas rings. :ermm:

Although her birthday is in 3 weeks we are going to surprise her with it on Tuesday. I will ask her to go to the store to pick something up and I hope Lambada and BushBaby will be on hand to record the "surprise element" when she sees what it is. :surprised

She has had a run of bad luck recently - hurting her back (at work) and then losing her job. I hope this will put a smile back on her face.:laugh:
A HUGE thankyou to Lambada who has made it all possible. You are a treasure ....
Roll on Tuesday....

;)
Rio

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Although her birthday is in 3 weeks we are going to surprise her with it on Tuesday. I will ask her to go to the store to pick something up and I hope Lambada and BushBaby will be on hand to record the "surprise element" when she sees what it is. :surprised

Roll on Tuesday....

Rio
Camera is primed & READY TO GO!!:bunny::bunny:!~ Grahame.:pirate:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I just hope she arrives without her rollers in, Grahame - now that would be an authentic photo! :ermm:Rio

I'll make sure Grahame has his curlers in too, so she doesn't feel out of place. :laugh::laugh: (That's only funny for those who know what Grahame looks like).

A HUGE thankyou to Lambada who has made it all possible. You are a treasure ....Rio

You are most welcome. I would ten times rather be spending time doing something useful like this than ........ahem.........answering some of the whiny gringo PMs I get. ;)

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
this is so funny...

Roll on Tuesday....

;)
Rio

This is great.....

I have told my friend "B" that she has to be ready to go out on Tuesday morning after I have called her at 10am - that means dressed and minus curlers! All the conchos know that she can never be ready on time and that you have to tell her a time 30 mins in advance of what you really mean - otherwise no chance. So she has a "concho alarm" booked for 9.45am!

She is bursting with not knowing what is going on and she is sure that it is one of these things:-

A trip to meet a "secret" man and pass a message on for me (false!)
To look at an apartment on my behalf (false!)
A work opportunity (sadly false!)

and.....
An assignation with a gringo - set up by me - hahahaha WATCH OUT GRAHAME (false, I hope!)

This is priceless - and we have got over 24 hrs to go....

:bunny:

Rio

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
The DEED is done ......... & we have one very happy little camper in town!! 'B' arrived virtually on time, came into the store & once I had introduced myself I showed her to the saleslady!! I dashed ahead to the camera & then took a quick video which I will ask someone knowledgable to upload - any takers?? Just give me time to load it on to my computer &/or disk .... say one hour from this entry?

So, 'B' now has TWO 'sankeys' & I am promised 'dinner' sometime. :cheeky:;):ermm: ~ Grahame
Sorry, forgot to add that DELIVERY will be this afternoon ~ GWB.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
The DEED is done ......... & we have one very happy little camper in town!! 'B' arrived virtually on time, came into the store & once I had introduced myself I showed her to the saleslady!! I dashed ahead to the camera & then took a quick video which I will ask someone knowledgable to upload - any takers?? Just give me time to load it on to my computer &/or disk .... say one hour from this entry?

So, 'B' now has TWO 'sankeys' & I am promised 'dinner' sometime. :cheeky:;):ermm: ~ Grahame
Sorry, forgot to add that DELIVERY will be this afternoon ~ GWB.

So great to hear it went off smoothly! I am sure rio has been jittery all day and night (esp.with the time difference).;)

I for one anxiously await the vidoe...I am sure the look on "B"s face was priceless.

Thanks Lambada and Bushbaby for facilitating this great surprise.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Certainly have...

So great to hear it went off smoothly! I am sure rio has been jittery all day and night (esp.with the time difference).;)

Thanks Lambada and Bushbaby for facilitating this great surprise.

Thanks drloca,

I certainly have - I was worried she would go to the wrong store and all sorts.
As luck would have it - it is pouring with rain in POP and the 9.45am motoconcho alarm failed to materialise (typical or what) but all is well.

I sent a few pesos for her to buy the fittings and some nice food for the "first meal" tonight and ended up speaking to the bank teller in Banco Popular!!!! Very RESPECTABLE young man I must say!!

Anyway thanks to everyone - especially G and G for making it happen - and the moral support from you - drloca and Bigbird as well.

:cheeky:

Rio

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
RAINING???? IN PoP this morning???? It has been glorious SUN since daybrake!!!
No offers on getting the video up yet so will have to try a different way.

H E L P !!!!!!![/

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Rain or Shine

RAINING???? IN PoP this morning???? It has been glorious SUN since daybrake!!!
No offers on getting the video up yet so will have to try a different way.

H E L P !!!!!!![/

Whoops really?
B was probably trying to avoid bloodshed!
:ermm:
Rio

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Sorry for not posting earlier, only just back home. By the time I got to the store this morning the party was over & BushBaby was in the nearby barber's having a haircut! (Must've been the crack about the curlers :cheeky:). Sorry I missed B (there were another 30 things to organise first!) but I can tell you I've seen the video & she looks very happy. So glad it all went well. :)

I hope someone out there offers help with getting the video posted so those interested can see it.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Okay .......... here goes with the videos down(& UP) loaded by a kind friend just round the corner from me.

Anyone interested in seeing one happy bunny & hearing a few delighted yells can visit http://www.youtube.com/v/IwPU0KV-pT4&hl=en. Those with sensitive ears might like to put the ear plugs in first or turn the volume knob on the computer down somewhat.

Happy news for all Ex-Pats who have been frustrated by non-delivery of goods on the day promised ........ it happens to Dominicans too. Our good plans of having 'B' eating a scrumptious meal prepared on her new cooker could not happen yesterday because the van driver "got held up in Sosua"!!

I am looking forward to that promised meal in August when Rio is across here, it will be the first ........ oh Hang on, Lambada views here too doesn't she?? :ermm: :cheeky: ;) ~ Grahame.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Thankyou Grahame - so much, nearly as good as being there myself.
Only one problem - SHE IS WEARING MY TOP!!!!!!!!!

rio

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Good work "camera man" Grahame, that was some excellent footage;).

rio, I felt so thrilled for you seeing the look of disbelief mixed with excitement on her face.

Status
Not open for further replies.