Price of land in Sosua, Puerto Plata, Santiago

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
yamasa'..oo la la

Yeah I am really looking forward to Yamasa'...I am trying to convince my husband to "let" us live somewhere more populated..But he insists his Brothers have phones etc and new trucks so we will be OK there..I am holding my breath!
I am looking into private school for my son (3 yr old only). I am also looking at Home school for when he gets out of the regular school. I want him to learn Spanish as he dad is not a good teacher..IE: Coinyo' is not the only spanish he needs to know :) LOL
I appreciate the info on the horses. I will feed mine and probably all that I see along the roads...I used to deliver water in 55 gallon drums to horses tied along the highway in GUAM with no water EVER, no shade etc..So dehydrated you can pinch there skin and it stands up forever! I expect I will spend my time helping the animals and people...OR it may depress me so I turn and run back to the US...:) Naw I am not that type! Maybe I will meet you guys there for a Presidente'..I speak little spanish and talk alot so may need an English "Fix" once in awhile! :) PAM

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
I am certain you will find tack, but if you want quality it will cost you. Otherwise I would look into bringing your own. The horses you will find in the DR are much smaller, I only saw one Arabian, no quarterhorses. But I lived in a very remote area so I wouldn't expect to see large horses, most of them were pony size. Mules of course are great for mountain trekking as they have great footing on and off the trails, but they will cost you more.

I didn't come across anyone who gave their horse feed. Just grass, and then the occasional shots and vet visits.