Pricesmart - Food Concession Closed - Santiago

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
that tells you volumes about the pizza in the DR.

Just ordered pizza delivery here in the capital. La Laconda. Probably 5 or 6 out of 10 in NYC, but here in DR it is 8 or 9.
Better than pizza I have tried in Miami, buenos aires, sao paulo, las vegas etc, but in NYC pizza quality would be average in NY.

There are tow more places nearby that are also decent. Lasagna and Il Capricoo will do in a pinch and I think would be better than pricesmart.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Just ordered pizza delivery here in the capital. La Laconda. Probably 5 or 6 out of 10 in NYC, but here in DR it is 8 or 9.
Better than pizza I have tried in Miami, buenos aires, sao paulo, las vegas etc, but in NYC pizza quality would be average in NY.

There are tow more places nearby that are also decent. Lasagna and Il Capricoo will do in a pinch and I think would be better than pricesmart.

Had pizza in Puerto Varas Chile last week and the three New Yorkers with us said it was very comparable to good NY pizza. I think , if you are lucky you can find good pizza just about anywhere. My wife and I ate the salmon, which was also very, very good. I had the best ceviche I 've ever had in Lima, Peru. I have never had a great pizza here in the DR, but I've had some decent ones.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Had pizza in Puerto Varas Chile last week and the three New Yorkers with us said it was very comparable to good NY pizza. I think , if you are lucky you can find good pizza just about anywhere. My wife and I ate the salmon, which was also very, very good. I had the best ceviche I 've ever had in Lima, Peru. I have never had a great pizza here in the DR, but I've had some decent ones.

I have found really good pizza in four places. Two of those were in NY State, one the North End of Boston, and one location in California that was not quite as good. But I have not been everywhere.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I have found really good pizza in four places. Two of those were in NY State, one the North End of Boston, and one location in California that was not quite as good. But I have not been everywhere.

In 1991 during Operation Desert Storm preparation for the first gulf war just outside the base of baden-soellingen I had the best pizza I can ever recall having. However I've noticed before that the company you are with can have an effect on how you perceive the taste of something.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Great, now let's keep it D.R. related and on topic (Which is Pricesmart if you forgot) from this point on.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Pricesmart's Santiago temporary setup

6se59t.jpg

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
The food court at Pricesmart in Santiago is back in service after remodeling.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
The food court at Pricesmart in Santiago is back in service after remodeling.

Did they put up a separated stand for cafe for me to get when entering and frozen cappuccino when I leave?
Otherwise I am not over joy with happiness. They could have their pizza and fried chicken over crowded line.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Did they put up a separated stand for cafe for me to get when entering and frozen cappuccino when I leave?
Otherwise I am not over joy with happiness. They could have their pizza and fried chicken over crowded line.

Unfortunately, it's "reversed".
The frozen cappuccino is when entering and the cafe is when you leave.
In Spanish, everything is reversed.