prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

chestercoda

May 5, 2006
Hi all have not posted a lot but the house is up 4 sale and would like to know if any one has any limited prints and if they will be OK in D.R being that it is so humid. Do not want to keep AC on but will have fans and breeze

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hi all have not posted a lot but the house is up 4 sale and would like to know if any one has any limited prints and if they will be OK in D.R being that it is so humid. Do not want to keep AC on but will have fans and breeze
It is true that it's quite humid here and mold can be a problem, but if the prints are being hung on the walls, I can't see you having any problems.

chestercoda

May 5, 2006
thanks Rocky I think we will bring 1 or 2 and see how it goes and seend for the rest later Will be in the D.R. on jan 29 to the 12th will drop by your bar see if we can put faces to some of you guys. We will need a fourth four golf as well. Hope to see you then

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Might be able to answer

your question after you answer a couple of mine:
1) are the prints litho prints or serigraphs?
2) are they printed on archival paper? What wt?
3) are the prints mounted and are they in a glass front frame or without the glass? if glass with uv inhibitor?
4) how much sun will enter the room and how much direct sun will the prints get?

let me know and perhaps I can share my million years of producing serigraphs (in my first life!)
john

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
We have a lot of posters, could not afford lithographs and we live in Puerto Plata. The only issues we have had is when the wall is soaked with rain water. It then tends to affect the print. So we take them off the wall, lay them face down, and eventually they are back to normal. Some one suggested laminating them, but I'm not to sure that process will keep out the dampness. Again these are not expensive, but they dress up the casa nicely and I like them a lot. They are mostly south west art, can't get them here.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
We have a lot of posters, could not afford lithographs and we live in Puerto Plata. The only issues we have had is when the wall is soaked with rain water. It then tends to affect the print. So we take them off the wall, lay them face down, and eventually they are back to normal. Some one suggested laminating them, but I'm not to sure that process will keep out the dampness. Again these are not expensive, but they dress up the casa nicely and I like them a lot. They are mostly south west art, can't get them here.

I have some laminated photographies in the D.R. No problem with dampness.

chestercoda

May 5, 2006
prints are litho on 100%acid-free paper they are mounted with glass and they are fine in direct sun light Thanks johne and the rest of you

Status
Not open for further replies.