Property Invasion of Famous Travel Host: Colonial Zone

pinonuevo

Dec 7, 2020
Roman

Gary from Andariego: a Program on YouTube describing various touristic places in Dominican republic had a home invasion. Someone simply removed all the locks after braking in.
Home invasions and property invasion are too prevalent in Dominican Republic.

Advice: Just Rent if you are a foreigner or a Dominican living abroad.

It is costly and complicated to remove a squatter; it is not worth the pain.

Reactions: CristoRey

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Gary from Andariego: a Program on YouTube describing various touristic places in Dominican republic had a home invasion. Someone simply removed all the locks after braking in.

Or buy a place and live here like I did going back 22 years now. Whatever fits your comfort level.

Reactions: ando1991

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012

I actually like his "Andariego" videos, and I originally reacted with disbelief when he posted about this issue.
However, there is now additional information regarding this property, including some facts that were omitted. The lady's lawyer has been interviewed and, obviously, the story has taken another twist.

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
So, not so squatter after all?

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
So, not so squatter after all?
As far as I understood, this is not a squatter situation. Supposedly, the lady has rights to the property, as a result of having lived with the previous owner for two decades.
It's kinda complicated for my non-lawyery brain... although I did take the LSAT twice: too low to contemplate acceptance at YLS, or even the Thurgood Marshall School of Law.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
As far as I understood, this is not a squatter situation. Supposedly, the lady has rights to the property, as a result of having lived with the previous owner for two decades.
It's kinda complicated for my non-lawyery brain... although I did take the LSAT twice: too low to contemplate acceptance at YLS, or even the Thurgood Marshall School of Law.
I took it drunk, so it doesn't count.

Reactions: Lucifer

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
I took it drunk, so it doesn't count.
(And now even a couple of the Ivy's are accepting the much-harder GRE, or the LSAT... whichever the prospective student prefers.)

It's too bad the "Andariego" guy is in this predicament. Proof-positive that even locals are affected by complex real estate issues.