Protests happening in Higuey.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
What I wanted to say that poeople in say....Veron/Bavaro, did not have the photo of Karina printed on their voting ballots, they had a photo of Manolito (PLD).

I don't necessarily disagree with you. I just pointed out that the political party law, AFAIK, is not looking into such issues. They fall within the scope of a prospective law of territorial organization which is being considered by the Dominican congress.

I wouldn't mind if the rural areas had a provincial 'mayor' just for them and their issues, and then the towns and municipal districts would have their own individual mayors just for themselves.

Currently the governor is appointed by the President and has a very limited role. Maybe an elected governor could play the role of the provincial "rural mayor".

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
how horrible to have two from that family represting Higuey ..like Bautista , it really shows that the locals only have interest in their own.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
What a surprise...

Of course not a surprise. The opposition was trying to unseat an incumbent who had the support of the president and decided that the "best way" to try it was to file NINE separate candidates.

Almost all got at least one percent of the vote, and 2 got a large share (17 and 32 %).

Not a surprise at all they failed to unseat the incumbent.