Puerto Plata Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freemo

May 26, 2003
cant see any pics?

I cant see any link to any pics ?

Everyones saying 'great pics' where have they gone?

Paul

B

batich

There is another of 'those little rivers' alongside Jardin Suizo, on the left side if you're facing the sea.

That is the one that I mentionned in one of my previous posts.

You just cannot imagine what I saw running into the ocean during the tropical shower!

I told her that I saw a cocodrillo. She was not surprised at all and bought into it.

She was a great girl. I saw her with a NA tourist in an AI recently. Only my fault. Nobody else`s!

Freemo

May 26, 2003
Look at post 1, on the first page of this thread.

All I get is the text of the message and a lot of blank space.

Oh well never mind. Must be something wrong with my browser.

I'm viewing from work so they may be able to stop certain filetypes like jpegs from downloading.

Paul

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
All I get is the text of the message and a lot of blank space.

Oh well never mind. Must be something wrong with my browser.

I'm viewing from work so they may be able to stop certain filetypes like jpegs from downloading.

Paul
That must be it.
The photos on the first post are hosted with Photobucket, and our company's security systems must be perceiving them as a download.

Freemo

May 26, 2003
I cant see any link to any pics ?

Everyones saying 'great pics' where have they gone?

Paul

I've since logged in from home and can see the pics - WOW what a transformation - I remember sitting on the Malecon and relaxing with a cold beer and glancing down at the mountains of plastic cups and assorted rubbish.

My wifes comment 'mmm very nice, how long will it stay like that?' well thats Dominican realism for you.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
pop

rocky seems hell bent on knocking pop, I wonder where all the sh** in sosua goes?.As far as I know they don't have a waste treatment plant,a lot of good things are starting to happen in pop,I can't say that for sosua.:bunny:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

lilredrooster

Aug 12, 2006
Chill

When both municipalities are trying to clean up their agua negra, and they are, both in Sosua and POP, then debate on boyz. Mientrastanto,. calmense.
Puerto Plata has made tremendous strides to clean up their efflufient waters and Sosua is not far behind. I know people will attaack this saying its been 25years of promises and yadda, yadda, yadda. But the PLD has financial obligations they've never had before with CAFTA pending and IMF loans that are either met or the DR loses millions.....and we all know that money talks and b.s. walks. Will it happen? Dunno. Optimistic?....yes. Realistic, well..... donde estamos?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
When both municipalities are trying to clean up their agua negra, and they are, both in Sosua and POP, then debate on boyz. Mientrastanto,. calmense.
Puerto Plata has made tremendous strides to clean up their efflufient waters and Sosua is not far behind. I know people will attaack this saying its been 25years of promises and yadda, yadda, yadda. But the PLD has financial obligations they've never had before with CAFTA pending and IMF loans that are either met or the DR loses millions.....and we all know that money talks and b.s. walks. Will it happen? Dunno. Optimistic?....yes. Realistic, well..... donde estamos?
I'm with you, 100%.
I have no idea why monfongo thinks I was knocking POP.
I know the water is polluted there, and have assisted Keith & the Green Team in gathering information, I assisted in a movement from university students, to get the municipality to stop the flow of black water into the ocean, off the Malecon, just East of the old fort.
Why Monfongo misinterpreted me and said I was knocking POP, is beyond me.
This thread is about the progress being made in POP, along the Malecon, making it into beach area.
Anyone knowing that the waters are still severely contaminated, that did not advise others concerned, would be derelict in his moral duty.
We all know how long it takes to get things done here, and we're all glad it's going in the right direction.
In the meantime, it's unwise to swim in those waters, until proven to be safe, and that won't be soon.
Mother Nature will need a long time to clean it up, after the sources of pollution have been stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.