Punta Cana Airport (PUJ) Taxi Rates

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
arrica, like the punta cana airport has no hotel/rooms, you would need to spend the night somewhere, so i would recommend to spend the night in santo domingo and travel comfortable on daylight next morning, sun is down early on the island.
when you have to arrive/flight at punta cana international?
ciao
Mike

Arrica

Jun 3, 2006
Hi Mike,

11 am. I have no problem arriving late into PC town and get to the airport next morning -unless there are early bus departures?

Arrica

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
you should leave santo domingo not later than 5PM to make sure you still get a bus from higuey to Punta Cana, but make sure you know where to spend the night in punta cana, if you drive from higuey to the route for the punta cana airport you will not be in the area named punta cana-bavaro where the hotels are, that's a second route and around 30 minutes drive from the airport. sunset is early, you will arrive at night, around the airport you will not find a place to spend the night, if you have a late plane to catch there's no problem on that, the airport facilities are open, just to explain you that the airport is not in the middle of the hotel/motel-area, the only transportation by night would be by Taxi, they aren't cheap in the punta cana area.
take care
Mike

danmarino

Dec 15, 2006
taxi rate to Natura

I noticed the taxi rates are old, anyone know how much it costs for a taxi ride from the airport to Natura?

lifegrd890

Dec 16, 2006
I know this may be a dumb question but forgive me. The rates that are mentioned are they per person or just for the ride. Thanks in advance.

bbgamer

Dec 27, 2006
Has anyone heard of Asotatupal Taxi. Are they OK to use? Are they reliable? Should I have a taxi waiting or just grab one that is at the airport?

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
la romana taxi rate

just an update december 06:
last week I paid 90 U$ for a taxi from PUJ airport at 11pm at night to La Romana city centre.
Bartolomeo

johnaz

Jan 10, 2007
Sueno Caribe, is that different than the Sueno Wellness Resort and Spa? Any reports on the Sueno Wellness Resort? Taxi fare or otherwise? Visiting Jan 07

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
The taxi rates went up last year from what is posted on this website. But only by a few dollars. For Catalonia, Globalia, Allegro and Natura they are all $25.00 US for sure. Taxi's to hotels in Bavaro have gone up too, but not sure on the prices to different hotels. Only $3-5 difference i think.

Maxine

Dec 27, 2006
2007 taxi prices?

This is the year 2007 with several gas hikes that have occured-does anyone have an updated price list?

thedynaix

Feb 28, 2007
Couldn't see Majestic Colonial.

Anyone know the price of a taxi from PC airport to there?

Thanks

freekofweek

Feb 22, 2005
2007 taxi fare

2007 taxi fare from Punta Cana airport to Barcelo Beach Resort was $20 us dollars + $2 tip in February. I think that most resorts are fairly close together and $25 should cover most fares. Most resorts are about a 20-25 minute ride from airport.

jgordon

Jul 24, 2007
Does anyone know how much it would cost to hire a taxi for the day for sightseeing to travel from punta cana to santo domingo and the surrounding areas? thanks!

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hi Gordon,
if you are a small group/1 couple aso count on $150-$200.- per day.
you should talk to the cabbies in person and ask about the stuff you want to see like the caves, colonial zone, aquarium aso. don't take any cab from the street, talk to the guys working as cabby with your resort, they are from 2 companies and organized in their association, they are reliable, by the personel smalltalk you'll find out automatically which one of them speaks a good english to be your guide.
have fun
Mike

jessica_87

Sep 9, 2007
Hi there,

3 girlfriends and I are heading down to Punta Cana this December. I've been to Mexico and Cuba before, but never to the Dominican Repubic. Can anyone offer us any tips or advice?...We want to go to Santo Domingo...anyone with information regarding public transportation from Punta Cana?...As well, excursions/trips, and the prices they should cost? And other any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx!

Jessica from Toronto