Punta Cana-Bavaro Weather Report

tkdsm

Sep 10, 2004
Trip to Punta Cana 30th Sep

Many thanks to all the posts here and posts on all the storms. I will travelling from Scotland at the end of September and these forums have been excellent at keeping everyone informed of the current positions.

Hope that everyone remains safe - will keep looking at the forums and hopefully catch the weather at a calm time when we arrive:nervous:

jon8058

Sep 7, 2004
Punta Cana Sept 20th

Hi

I arrive in Sirenis Cocotal, punta Cana on Monday. can anyone tell me what (if any) the damage is to the hotel and surroundings please? also the weather forcast for the next few days as all the weather sites seem to say totally different things.

Thanks

Jon

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The forecast for the weekend, through Monday is for intense rains, remnant of Jeanne that split in two and left beside outerbands of rains. Once that passes there is nothing in the area, since Karl seems to have taken a northbound track early on.

Regarding your hotel, we will continue to post updates on the hotels in the east coast as the news becomes available. Check with the Jeanne thread.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Have to keep this short.

There is much rain here with little relief.

Reports have the airport open but cannot confirm.

PJTs pc has died, he is OK.

Will try to stay in touch.

Regards,
PJT

ash_baz

Sep 17, 2004
Breezes

I travel from Sunny Leicester (UK) to Breezes punta cana on the 30th September. Firstly does anyone know if the hotel has been damaged due to Jeanne, and secondly any idea how the Weather will be???

Thanx... Ash

hmoroz

Sep 16, 2004
breezes

I don't think that the hotel has too much damage because on their website it says that they will be excepting new arrivals tomorrow.

Read

Dolores said:
Let's try to keep the posts on what has happened with Jeanne in the same place, so they are not all over the place. Let's keep this thread open for information on the weather in Punta Cana area, not the storm damages or not.

Please feel free to post inquiries on the storm at http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=237890#post237890

Dolores has asked you to post your about damage elsewhere.

Read before typing.

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
I've got a friend who's going to Grand Paraidiso resort in Punta Cana.
Does anyone know if that hotel was damaged? Any info is appreciated. Thanks
lisa

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Punta Cana Update

Spoke to my boyfriend at noon who's working in Punta Cana. He says that basically anything that could have blown away, has. Many trees are down, many roofs are missing. Many hotels have been damaged (roofs, flooding, etc) although he wasn't able to give me any names. The Punta Cana airport was open this morning and recieving int'l flights as well as local. As of this moment they are not able to leave the area due to trees and garbage in the roads and most of the bridges have been affected. The rain has not let up yet and seems to be the biggest problem at this moment because cleanup crews have not been able to get to work. His apartment was flooded and so far Centennial cel phones are not working.

Definately looks as though La Altagracia province got the brunt of it.

sap

Sep 16, 2004
what's it like in PC

Hi

Can any one tell me what it's like in punta cana now, and what is the real forcast for sunday.

thanks
s :cry:

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Bavaro - Punta Cana Weather.

The last few days have been a bummer.

It is overcast now. No rain. Temperature high 70 s F mid 20 s C. The humidity has humidity.

Side bar. The airport is open. There are flights. I was there to see in person. There is transport to and from airport.

No concrete information on Resorts. Most have sustained some damage and are on emegency status.

Regards,
PJT

jon8058

Sep 7, 2004
Punta Cana

Has anyone got an update on Punta Cana and the Serenis Cocotal. I fly in on Monday and no one England end seems to know anything about the hurricaine damage or the state of the hotel. The best source of info is from here.

Does anyone know the weather for next week aswell. I think we may have the option to change location but only want to if th damage is bad and not worth travelling to punta cana.

Thanks Jon

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
jon8058 said:
Has anyone got an update on Punta Cana and the Serenis Cocotal. I fly in on Monday and no one England end seems to know anything about the hurricaine damage or the state of the hotel. The best source of info is from here.

Does anyone know the weather for next week aswell. I think we may have the option to change location but only want to if th damage is bad and not worth travelling to punta cana.

Thanks Jon

Check out http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=238423#post238423

There are some posts on the Sirenis Cocotal. The hotel will not be open for new guests on Monday. My guess will be it will take them at least two weeks to get things back to normal, primarily because of the problems with the access road. The tour reps on site for sure have reported the status of the hotel to their offices abroad, so the decision for a relocation should be getting to you soon.

The weather forecast for next week in the Punta Cana area is good so far, with the present rain clouds moving out of the area as of the end of the weekend.

jon8058

Sep 7, 2004
Serenis Coc

Thanks Dolores for the information. Just got off the phone from my holiday company and they do not have any infomation at all on the hotel, airport or surrounding roads as the forreign office or main tour operator has not advised them of damages etc. They have stated that our flight is still going ahead and the hotel is still taking us????????. If its not I will be pretty annoyed that they have not told us in advance of changes or cancellations as I don't fancy getting to Gatwick to find the holiday has been cancelled. Worst case is a different hotel I suppose.

Any more updates can you pleaselet me know

Thanks again Jon

Hope everyone is ok and hope that is the last of it

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
jon8058 said:
Thanks Dolores for the information. Just got off the phone from my holiday company and they do not have any infomation at all on the hotel, airport or surrounding roads as the forreign office or main tour operator has not advised them of damages etc. They have stated that our flight is still going ahead and the hotel is still taking us????????. If its not I will be pretty annoyed that they have not told us in advance of changes or cancellations as I don't fancy getting to Gatwick to find the holiday has been cancelled. Worst case is a different hotel I suppose.

Any more updates can you pleaselet me know

Thanks again Jon

Hope everyone is ok and hope that is the last of it

Let us know how things turn out.

fabiano

Sep 17, 2004
hi i will go in punta cana next 26th sept
i would like to know the situation about wether and damage at the moment in this area
thanks all can help me

NormKelli

Sep 19, 2004
Hurricane Damage at Punt Cana?

PJT said:
Wednesday, Sept. 8.

Yesterday was a hot day as usual and had some thunder-boomers overnight.

It is early afternoon now and there is a light overcast, hazy, but not enough to stop the suns rays from BBQing the sun worshipers.

It is about 86 F / 30 C in the shade and the humidity is at about 75-80 %. The wind is from the NE at about 10 mph. Great weather for sitting in the shade and having a cold one. I expect maybe to see some sun this pm but would not be surprised if the cloud cover becomes more dense as Hurricane Ivan passes far south of here during the next 24 hours.

As usual there should be some showers and thunder-boomers tonight as long as it happens tonight.

Sunset this evening is 6:42 pm and sunrise tomorrow is 6:20 am.

Regards,
PJT, your newly anointed Bavaro / Punta Cana weather advisor

Hi,
We are booked to come down the first part of November to the Palladuim Bavaro Grand Resort & Spa. I have been trying to find out what damage has been done to this Resort. If you could inform me about this issue it would be great. Thank You,, NormKelli

Last edited:

jon8058

Sep 7, 2004
Update on Sirenis Cocotal

As requested by Dolores, I have found out the status of my holisay and the Sirenis Cocotal. Basically if you are travelling with Airtours in the next few days you have been moved to bahia principe well I have anyway. The Cocotal is fine but you just cant get to it so they have had to relocate. I travel on the 20th am and the flight is still on and punta cana airport is still open both in and outbound. Airtours customers have been adsked to call 01706 909060 and quote you SO4 number from your ticket.

I hope this helps and hope anyone travelling gets there safely and has a great time. Also thank you to all the users on this site that has given such valuable and accurate information.

Jon