Punta Cana or Santo Domingo to Toronto

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
Does anyone have any info on getting a cheap flight from Punta Cana or Santo Domingo to Toronto?? It's for my husband that will be flying to Immigrate to Canada. So it would be better without stopping in the U.S. I know alot of people in this same situation have been flying out of POP, so just wondering if anyone has any info about leaving from Punta Cana or la Capital. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Hello. There are no direct flights between SDQ and Toronto. You can try PUJ. The lowest published one way fare is offered by WESTJET (177 USD plus taxes), the same fare from POP. Air Canada is expensive, about 900 - 1000 USD.

You can also try flight SDOM.-CARACAS-TOROTNO the price for one way will be also like 900 USD

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
But can you purchase the one way fare on WestJet from Dominican to Canada or only the other way around??
I just went on the West Jet website and you cant choose Domincan as a starting point... how did you get that price of 177??
Thanks 4 the info.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Hmm, I had heard WestJet was gonig to start flying to the DR, but on their webpage there is no mention of it. Anyone know if it's official?

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
Their reservation system? Does that mean that i need to call them and get it? Its not available on the net right?

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
It is published in global distribution systems, where other carriers sell its services. Try to call them to find out when they are flying here.

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
Aviastar,

I just got off the phone with WestJet and they said that they only fly to Dominican with their Charters, so the only way to book is through a travel agent. Are you a travel agent? Is that where you got this fare from?? They said they can't even give me a flight schedule or anything. So i guess, off to the travel agency i go...
What do u mean by global distribution services?? If i want to book that WestJet fare where can i do it?

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
sorry, i'm confused. what do you mean they can only be sold prior to departure by a travel agent who operates these flights. Travel agents don't operate the flights....
Can you not tell me where you got this fare so that i can book it??

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Yes, travel agents andf touroperators operate flights, they prepay all plane and sell seats for packages, in case if seat are empty they can offer you a one way ticket few days before departure. Also you can try to purchase a round trip ticket by http://www.flysunwing.com/default.asp ask airline if the ticket can be used for return only

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Since your husband, I assume is not in possession of a US visa, he wont be able to fly via the US.

To my knowledge, landed immigrants from the DR coming to Canada for the first time may not fly on the charters and AC is the only option.

Do your research carefully before booking a ticket due to his status.

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
Well, i have heard of many travelling recently via Air Transat and Skyservice, so as far as i know it's fine to travel on a charter. I do realize that he would need a us visa to transit through the U.S. That is why im asking for direct flights from Dominican to Canada.
Thanks for ur info though.

caro

Sep 24, 2003
try this number for air transat in punta cana: 809-552-0666.
they could tell you about price for one way to canada.

or try a travel agent where you live some can make for you the reservation. I do it like this back in june 2004 when I wanted to go back to canada.

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
Caro,
Thank you for the info on Air Transat. I will definitly call them.
Aviastar,
Direct flights with AC are $1159 + tx right now, one way. Trying to find something a little cheaper. Thanks though.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
try this number for air transat in punta cana: 809-552-0666.
they could tell you about price for one way to canada.

or try a travel agent where you live some can make for you the reservation. I do it like this back in june 2004 when I wanted to go back to canada.

Yes, but that is different if you are RETURNING to Canada and it is not your first time to become landed in Canada.;)

caro

Sep 24, 2003
no they don t have really difference . the person who is his first time landed just have to show they have all correct paper(passport, visa.....) to board the plane .

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
no they don t have really difference . the person who is his first time landed just have to show they have all correct paper(passport, visa.....) to board the plane .

Obviously! I am not referring to being allowed entry in Canada...it is a legal issue...I have friends employed by the charters in TO...they may not transport passengers to Canada prior to them become landed and receiving their status!