punta rucia

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
how long would it take to get to punta rucia from sosua.and how do u get there.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Count on a couple of hours or more, depending on which route and road conditions, and the vehicle you are driving.
I haven't been there recently, but latest reports I got, are that the road is still laden with potholes.
You head westbound to Puerto Plata, on through, (Route 5) heading to Santiago.
A mile or so after Imbert, there is a right hand turn in the sugar cane fields, indicating Guananico, turn in there (route 218) and pass Guananico to Los Hidalgos, left turn to Punta Rusia from there.
Alternately, you could pass Imbert and get onto Highway 1, westbound at Navarete towards Monte Christi, then Northbound at villa Elisa to Punta Rusia.
I don't know which is faster, nor which has the worst roads.
Perhaps Chris can enlighten you more.
Email me if you need a map.

Nyeden

Sep 2, 2005
I went there last June, I was very dissapointed, the roads where very bad, and the places where they sell fish was all empty .. just one or two where cooking fish for the day. We drove from sosua and its very, very long..... The beach its self well ,on the encenada side is crystal clear blue pretty, lots of sticks though, but on the punta rucia side well .. its kind of murky looking with all the see weed stuff, no one bathes there.