Purchasing Tourist Card Online

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Since years you don't have to fill in anything, you buy a little preprinted card, it's at least 5 years ago that I had to buy a tourist card that I had to fill in. It hasn't taken me more than 5 minutes either, but I have only arrived to Las Americas (many times). Migration is a fluent process as well lately, and even suitcases (if not missing, Air France manages to lose at least one of our suitcases every second time I arrive) are on the belt quickly. Las America's has improved big time since my first arrival here in 2000.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
And on top of that, the Brugal stand with free rum at POP, makes the short wait pleasurable.

Having said that, Jetair used to include them in their fare. The last time I flew Arkefly (aaaargggghhhhhh....), and I had to buy one on arrival. Thank god for Brugal... I needed it after that horrible flight.

BelgianK

Damn... no Brugal for us in PUJ!!!! All we get is some guys playing music. LOL

KATIEJAY

Aug 20, 2007
I spoke with a rep at the Dominican Embassy here in Canada and was told Tourist Card is valid for 60 days and can be extended locally for another 60 days max.. does anyone know wher in POP this can be done..hoping to spend 3-4 months next year checking things out.Anyone recommend good rental are or best to walk around ??we have made quite a few friends over the years travelling to POP..15 times now. Everyone knows someone who has a "great place" ..will be looking for 2 bedroom..prefer 1 with AC.. mid January I hope!

agw

Feb 14, 2010
From what I've read online at this site: Dominican Republic Visa, Canada: Application for Dominican Visa for Canadians. Canadians get 60 days on their tourist card which has always been handed to me on the plane no matter which Canadian airline I've used (3 different ones so far) every time I've come and on flights to both POP and PUJ.

At the top of the page it has links to the site for US citizens and UK citizens who it says must purchase a card which is only valid for a 30 day stay.

I haven't bothered looking any of this up for a few years, but I do remember reading back 4 or 5 years ago, that it depended on what country you were from as to how long the card was valid for - 30 or 60 days. This would confirm what Katiejay was told if the site above is up to date and accurate. I may give them a call and inquire since I live near the US border and could go that way as well as Canada direct.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
From what I've read online at this site: Dominican Republic Visa, Canada: Application for Dominican Visa for Canadians. Canadians get 60 days on their tourist card which has always been handed to me on the plane no matter which Canadian airline I've used (3 different ones so far) every time I've come and on flights to both POP and PUJ.

At the top of the page it has links to the site for US citizens and UK citizens who it says must purchase a card which is only valid for a 30 day stay.

I haven't bothered looking any of this up for a few years, but I do remember reading back 4 or 5 years ago, that it depended on what country you were from as to how long the card was valid for - 30 or 60 days. This would confirm what Katiejay was told if the site above is up to date and accurate. I may give them a call and inquire since I live near the US border and could go that way as well as Canada direct.

Another ridiculous Dominican TAX. Wait in line to buy a $10 card to turn it in twenty feet away. Maybe they can think of a slightly more efficient method.