quality of general merchandise here.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
True, we've returned things to LaSirena without any problems. Of course, they only give you a credit, not your cash back, and it takes me two or three trips before I remember to actually USE the credit. :)
Nice thing about returns at La Sirena, you keep the points you earned and you still get points when you use the credit slip.

OchoA made a price mistake on something I bought.

They still ONLY gave me a STORE CREDIT.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Try to "gently" tighten the compression nut a little on valves, that usually fixes the leaking problem.
I say gently because I´m always afraid that the cheap crap will break when I tighten the compression nut.

Except for my wife, everyone else is forbidden to use our microwave.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For the problem of the door to the house being left open, I installed an electronic beeper, like the one in a car that beeps when the driver´s door is open with the keys left in the ignition.

After about a year I turned it off as a test, yep, they left the door open.
A side benefit of the beeper is that it lets us know when someone comes in or leaves the house.

It should be noted, that the beeper does not work for normal visitors that I bring into the house, they still leave the door open even with the beeper working.

My theory is that they learned to leave the doors open as a newborn baby, since they never needed to close a door themselves. :D lol

Believe me I very gently loosen and tighten that valve. Maybe I am just not a tough guy but I have had zero luck forbidding anybody from doing anything. My wife laughs hysterically when I "forbid her". I cannot even tell her no and she knows it.
I am pretty good at standing by patiently with a told ya so, if that counts.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I buy and ship down the 'no drip ' type toilet guts...

I use them on Lake Huron.....
The float will not drop to follow a leaking toilet 
The flapper usually is the problem...the hard water is the killer 

The flapper seal warps after a few years ....water leaves the tank.

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
I think all the countries send their reject and inferior products to the DR. Very difficult to find quality products here.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Buy clothes here, NEVER.

100% Agreed. Dominicans should be ashamed of the poor quality clothing they allow
the Chinese to force feed them. At the same time, its a little confusing seeing how
they do manufacture clothing here for some of the most reputable companies (quality wise)
like Hanes, Gildan and Timberland... just to name a few.

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
100% Agreed. Dominicans should be ashamed of the poor quality clothing they allow
the Chinese to force feed them. At the same time, its a little confusing seeing how
they do manufacture clothing here for some of the most reputable companies (quality wise)
like Hanes, Gildan and Timberland... just to name a few.

The companies you mention above assembly the clothes in Free Zones. They are not allowed to sell said clothing in the DR because they pay no Dominican taxes.

Apr 7, 2014
Believe me I very gently loosen and tighten that valve. Maybe I am just not a tough guy but I have had zero luck forbidding anybody from doing anything. My wife laughs hysterically when I "forbid her". I cannot even tell her no and she knows it.
I am pretty good at standing by patiently with a told ya so, if that counts.
You just need some training. Get that Tina Turner movie and work hard on the phrases and mannerisms "You want Ike to take off the boot, Annie Mae!?"

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The companies you mention above assembly the clothes in Free Zones. They are not allowed to sell said clothing in the DR because they pay no Dominican taxes.

Indeed you are correct but it does show they are capable (with guidance) of producing quality goods.
One would think someone on a local level would recognize this and take advantage of the locals ability
to manufacture quality goods for the local market.

jimbobo

Feb 9, 2014
Indeed you are correct but it does show they are capable (with guidance) of producing quality goods.
One would think someone on a local level would recognize this and take advantage of the locals ability
to manufacture quality goods for the local market.

I think the local clothing market is flooded with used american clothes, donated to haiti, then the haitans walk all of DR with these donated clothes in a tub on their head. There is actually some really good quality clothes in there; if you look good enough you'll find 50 dollar shirts for almost nothing... anyway the locals cloth themselves with used clothing from the states, most often sold by haitans. Locals don't go to sirena to buy ****ty chinese clothing, even though they would if they could

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I buy and ship down the 'no drip ' type toilet guts...

I use them on Lake Huron.....
The float will not drop to follow a leaking toilet 
The flapper usually is the problem...the hard water is the killer 

The flapper seal warps after a few years ....water leaves the tank.

did not know there was such a thing. I will look into them. Seems like there is always one toilet leaking.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009