Quality Of Life In D.r ??

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Quality of life is subjective - some people need more than others and that's the basis of assessing their perception of quality of life. ...

So true! take for example Chip00's post in the Metro will be "cheap" ja ja ja ja thread. Chip00 perceives that dumping raw sewage directly into the sea in front of the SD Malec?n is acceptable quality of life for the DR because it is being done in U.S. cities, like Atlanta...

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
.... Chip00 perceives that dumping raw sewage directly into the sea in front of the SD Malec?n is acceptable quality of life for the DR because it is being done in U.S. cities, like Atlanta...
I suppose Chip is willing to tolerate a lotta crap :)

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Lambada, I like your 4 stages. Have never thought of it that way, but you are right. I would like to read your article.

Offshore Living News Offshorewave ? Culture Shock Revisited - Groping Towards A More Useful Conceptual Framework - by Ginnie Bedggood

There it is, Ken. Chris if it isn't acceptable to post the link, if you take it out please let me know & I'll PM Ken. Thanks.

And to whoever said the existing expats might not want any more here - no, I don't think so. It's a big country - there is still room! What I believe they want is expats made of the 'right stuff' who won't encourage the local population to think all foreigners are daft. It's a self protection mechanism.