Question about the process to Canada..Vintage's process from start to visa issued

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
question about cic website

how long after an approval does it take to see the web site change?
and how long to wait for the passport and the call to pick it up?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Sometimes never, sometimes the applicant has arrived in Canada already and in Lexi's case it's the first time I've seen someone post that it changed to " decision made" before he got the visa in hand.

How long before he can pick up the passport seems to be another million dollar question. Everyone seems to be different. Anywhere from two weeks to a month maybe?

Last edited:

Johana

May 24, 2006
Hey Vintage,

in my case the website was never updated under my number - it remains to this day as not available. Although they did update my address when I sent in that information.

As Anna mentioned you never know when they will send the passport back to SD with the visa. For my husband it was 3 weeks but they called him on a Monday to go pick it up that Wednesday. He was called on August 18th and I checked and the status changed under his Bfile number on the 19th.

That website remains one of my pet peeves. You are asked to check it for status updates rather than contacting Immigration however, you find out from Immigration about the status changes long before they ever update the website!!!!!

I know it's frustrating - because it's hard to plan and buy an advance ticket and save some money when you have no idea when he will have the visa in his hand.

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
Still waiting for the call

hi all it will be ten days tommorow waiting for the call to pick up the passport

ill let you know when he gets the call, i hope its not much longer

vintage

Johana

May 24, 2006
hey Vintage,

hang in there...the waiting is tough but it will all be worth it in the end :)

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
hang in

my husband waiting 10 days and heard nothing I then called Santo Domingo and asked if his passport was there, the lady I spoke to said yes, I asked if he coudl pick it up and she said yes if it is here he can. He waited for the next day to pick up passports and he went, so Santo Domingo never called to pick it up. I know the waiting is a killer right now because it is so close, but maybe it is worth a phone call.

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
These days are killer - I remember jumping everytime the phone rang...I would be on pins and needles every day waiting for my husband to call and say they called him to pick it up - I am not sure i could do that again!

God speed!!

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
saw something different on the cic site this evening

hi everyone i checked the site this evening and it says medicals received

but thats it
does that mean he will get called soon?

thanks vintage

Johana

May 24, 2006
Vintage,

I would take it as a good sign that they have updated the website.
Unfortunately, I dont' think it will necessarily give you any clues as to when they might call. The next update should be Decision Made :)

Once my husband got called to drop off his passport the next update on the website was medicals received and decision made.

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
on the site it says medicals received but it says in process it does not say decision made.

other people have told me that it says decision made medicals received together and mine does not say that
its 14 days since my husband dropped off his passport
i dont understand why it doesnt say decision made allready because the woman who did the interview said he will be granted an approval

does anyone have a similar case?

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Vintage - they won't update the websitre now until everything they have to do with the Passport etc. is complete. Then when they change the website to Decision Made he should get the call within the next day or two to come and pick up his Passport.

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
oh because the medicals received appeared on the website two days ago
i cant stand this waiting
i figured it would be two weeks from the approval to pick up the passport
i am temped to call the mp again for an update

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
I wouldn't bother calling the MP at this stage because you are almost done. Just give it a little while longer and your husband will get the call!!

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
thanks for the note lexi
the waiting is a killer

interview oct 6
19 days have passed since they took the passport
whoooooooooooo and counting
ive booked the flight and am anxious
i have all my home renos in process still so thank god between working here in the casa and going to work i am quite busy to pas my waiting time
thanks to all for the encouragement and the kind responses
without the forum to help i dont know where i would be.

the people here are awesome, and the support from all
is a real help
thanks vintage

BooGirl

Oct 25, 2008
hola. i was wondering how long did the papers take? I just sent mine back in August and I read your thread and was wondering how long everything takes. If you wouldn't mind telling me from your start to finish about how long it took in point form would be great. thanks
boogirl