Questions about getting a job at my age

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
PS, where do you live now? Call Center may be a good option, can pay up to 60,000 a Month with bonuses etc...I have a few connections from a while ago in SD, one in Santiago..

Anthony

call center? 60,000 pesos?

yeah; sure.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
G, it can be made, depends on the projects you're given to work on and the bonuses...Stream right now I think pays 225 pesos an hour, pays bonuses for being on timefor the Month and then lets say you work with projectors, calling on schools..They pay usually 500 - 1,000 pesos per sale..I worked at Provitel in SD when I first came in, did IT Software calls and a bunch of other projects because I spoke English..That there is a plus as well, so it may be because of the English..I don't know what your experience is with Call centers, but this was in 2007, can't imagine that the possible pay has dropped.

Overall, anyone who starts should make 30,000 pesos right out of the gate...I still see ad's in the paper from Steam and others offering such pay. If you speak English, you will do very well, and benefits included, even transportation for the night workers..

So yea, I'm sure..LOL...Don't make me post another movie with you in it now..

call center? 60,000 pesos?

yeah; sure.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Stick close to home and look at what's going on around you.
Maybe one of the local businesses could use the services of a gopher.
Remember that at your age you will have to start at the bottom and work your way up.
Be reasonable, sensible and don't go looking for the sky and the stars.
Your first job may not be your dream job but it will be the first step along a very long and arduous lifetime of labor. (lol..)
There you go...
Lots of good advice from debbie downer.
good luck. :cool:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
G, it can be made, depends on the projects you're given to work on and the bonuses...Stream right now I think pays 225 pesos an hour, pays bonuses for being on timefor the Month and then lets say you work with projectors, calling on schools..They pay usually 500 - 1,000 pesos per sale..I worked at Provitel in SD when I first came in, did IT Software calls and a bunch of other projects because I spoke English..That there is a plus as well, so it may be because of the English..I don't know what your experience is with Call centers, but this was in 2007, can't imagine that the possible pay has dropped.

Overall, anyone who starts should make 30,000 pesos right out of the gate...I still see ad's in the paper from Steam and others offering such pay. If you speak English, you will do very well, and benefits included, even transportation for the night workers..

So yea, I'm sure..LOL...Don't make me post another movie with you in it now..

i live in POP. there are zillions of call centers here. i have never heard of any call center paying 225 per hour. i know numerous people who work in that business. i know a few guys who own call centers. nobody i ever heard of pays anything like what you say. even UNO, the flagship in Santiago pays nothing near that.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
So what do they pay?? Been thinking about it, for in a few years ( a couple of months a year on a swiss salary is too good to pass over--for now).

What can u really expect like salary in the dr?? ( restaurants, hotels......)

Do many people on dr1 really work here for a living???? I kind of assumed lots of pensionners or people like me 6months/6months.