Quick Translation for "Horny" Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Please quit answering this thread. Your explanations are more confusing than your posts that you are trying to explain.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
ricktoronto said:
Please quit answering this thread. Your explanations are more confusing than your posts that you are trying to explain.

And good morning to you. Sorry for confusing you with a bit of irony this early in the morning. Maybe dprasociad himself does a better job explaining.

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
suarezn said:
JDJones: It's NOT raspar...if you pronounce it with the "S" then it does NOT mean to make love, but shave...not to shave your beard though (that's razurar). For instance the homemade candies they sell at the highway stops are called raspadura, which literally means shavings...I believe rapar stems from raspar... and that it probably originated because of the back and forth motion it implies.

I thought that

Raspar= to scrape

Me ca? y me raspe las rodillas = I fell and scraped my knees.

Me razuro/afeito la cara cada ma?ana = I shave my face every morning.

But then again,

shaved ice = hielo raspado/guallado.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Stodgord said:
I thought that

Raspar= to scrape

Me ca? y me raspe las rodillas = I fell and scraped my knees.

Me razuro/afeito la cara cada ma?ana = I shave my face every morning.

But then again,

shaved ice = hielo raspado/guallado.

A rapar la paila - (or scrape the pan) is another phrase to say, well, you know... :classic:

Morena76

May 10, 2005
Makes sense to me

drloca said:
Ditto, what the #$%^??????

I don't think it's confusing at all. Worded a little strange to my American way of speaking, maybe, but it's true. I've never had any man over there TELL me they were horny...they basically just kissed me or grabbed me in such a way that it was extremely obvious. So unlike other cultures who feel the need to express it verbally, I guess they just act on their feelings.

I am the person who originally asked this question a few months ago, and it was only because I wanted to impress a Puerto Rican guy I was talking to. In the DR it wouldn't be a necessary phrase to learn, unless you were in a public place where you had to control yourself. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.