Rains!

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I am curious as to when the water here is not contaminated. Where I am it comes from the river. There is little to no treatment based upon how often it is the lovely brown color...
I think the water was more contaminated than normal bacteria loaded water we are used to... I only use it to shower with my mouth and eyes shut.......

Reactions: windeguy

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I think the water was more contaminated than normal bacteria loaded water we are used to... I only use it to shower with my mouth and eyes shut.......
I used to have all kinds of ear and sinus infections.

My ootolaryngologist recommended I mix equal parts of baby oil, alcohol and white vinegar and put a couple of drops in each ear and use ear plugs when I take a shower.

Ever hear of that, Doc?

Reactions: keepcoming

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016

My ootolaryngologist recommended I mix equal parts of baby oil, alcohol and white vinegar and put a couple of drops in each ear and use ear plugs when I take a shower.

Ever hear of that, Doc?
one part rubbing alcohol and one part vinegar for swimmers ear never heard of baby oil added..

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016

My otolaryngologist recommended I mix equal parts of baby oil, alcohol and white vinegar and put a couple of drops in each ear and use ear plugs when I take a shower.

Ever hear of that, Doc?
No... but I will try it..........

Last edited by a moderator:

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011

My otolaryngologist recommended I mix equal parts of baby oil, alcohol and white vinegar and put a couple of drops in each ear and use ear plugs when I take a shower.

Ever hear of that, Doc?
I am going to have to try this JD. I have a lot of issues with sinuses, clogged ears, etc.. Doctor says the ear issue is from my sinuses draining into my middle ear. At times it can cause vertigo, which is horrible.

• Sad
Reactions: bob saunders

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I am going to have to try this JD. I have a lot of issues with sinuses, clogged ears, etc.. Doctor says the ear issue is from my sinuses draining into my middle ear. At times it can cause vertigo, which is horrible.
Same here. Best way is to mix them in a small bottle, and shake it well just before you put the drops in your ear. You'll be able to tell when the liquid surrounds your eardrum. Stick in the earplugs, and you're good to go.
No vertigo these these days, and my ears always feel clear.

Reactions: keepcoming

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Just a bit of an update after the floods at least in my area of Maranatha. I’m not a religious man but thank god this went down before the election. Since we have an 11 year old the Local politicians and others have been coming by daily now to follow up. New bed for the girl. New refrigerator and tablet. The old Samsung is going to be replaced. All sliding glass windows have been fixed and installed. New school uniform. Clothing allowance and more benefits than we hoped for. Just looking for a used dining room set. And I was so lucky that awful, tacky nasty looking lamp shattered. So far much more help than I expected. But it’s time to move to a second story appartment. The girls pull a Noah’s Arc every time it rains hard now. I now have 6 big army duffle bags that are always packed with important sh!t. The girls get 3 each and I get the old unicorn school backpack.

• Wow
Reactions: drstock

tripp789

May 4, 2018
Just a bit of an update after the floods at least in my area of Maranatha. I’m not a religious man but thank god this went down before the election. Since we have an 11 year old the Local politicians and others have been coming by daily now to follow up. New bed for the girl. New refrigerator and tablet. The old Samsung is going to be replaced. All sliding glass windows have been fixed and installed. New school uniform. Clothing allowance and more benefits than we hoped for. Just looking for a used dining room set. And I was so lucky that awful, tacky nasty looking lamp shattered. So far much more help than I expected. But it’s time to move to a second story appartment. The girls pull a Noah’s Arc every time it rains hard now. I now have 6 big army duffle bags that are always packed with important sh!t. The girls get 3 each and I get the old unicorn school backpack.
We and several of our friends made donations for flood relief in Sosua and Sosua Abajo. Hoping that some of those funds are helping to supply you and your neighbors items!

Reactions: Jumbo and colmcb

M4kintosh

May 23, 2023
Santiago De Los Caballeros

Big

Apr 24, 2019

Ever hear of that, Doc?
That sounds like an aphrodisiac recipe

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
I am seeing a lot of flooding videos on social media from Punta Cana. Pools overflowing and water coming into hotel rooms from spa drains. It must have rained like crazy yesterday.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
20 minutes of rain everything was flooded. Av. España was shut down past Port San Souci for a while and also near the Plaza Caña. The Colmado where my dogs and I were having afternoon snacks was flooded with water to my ankles. Thank goodness it only lasted a short time. If it was an hour long rain we would have swam home. Funny I saw some of the neighborhood kids running down the flooded street with their canoe. There are a couple videos I took on my FB page. I wanted to take more but the phone doesn't work well in wetness. . Rain Los Molinos

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
We and several of our friends made donations for flood relief in Sosua and Sosua Abajo. Hoping that some of those funds are helping to supply you and your neighbors items!
It isn't like that region is in a 100 year flood plane. That area floods far too frequently, as do several other areas to the east of Cabarete.
But people still live there and get new stuff every few years when it floods again and again. Staying in such an area if you have another choice?
I know most don't ...

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
It isn't like that region is in a 100 year flood plane. That area floods far too frequently, as do several other areas to the east of Cabarete.
But people still live there and get new stuff every few years when it floods again and again. Staying in such an area if you have another choice?
I know most don't ...
Very true. Amazing how many of those stalled 2nd and 3rd story add ons have started up again. I checked out 4 yesterday. I doubt many would survive a good earthquake now with the flood weakened foundations and very little rebar. Some people are just stuck where they are so this years solution is to build up.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Jarabacoa has been declared Red today so all schools in La Vega province were ordered closed this afternoon by the government. We will close at 4 pm.