Rains!

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
There are three main rivers and numerous side valleys in the Jarabacoa area and enough stupid people that like to build close to a river. The town itself is very safe from flooding.
Seeing much erosion up there?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
It seems to be the same areas that have issues. Bridges with a span too narrow, footings not big enough...etc.
Bridge construction is basically the same throughout the country. Good quality construction is not the goal. Cheap quick construction with little or no maintenance is the mantra. We all observe the poor results of this culture.

Regards,

PJT

Reactions: NY-DR Commuter

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
It seems to be the same areas that have issues. Bridges with a span too narrow, footings not big enough...etc.
I drove around on the West side of the river in new Urbanizations where there were just really new roads, some asphalted and most gravel, cut 12 years ago and I saw lots of significant slides and wash outs on the brand new roads that looked like at some point they would be totalled wiped out.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I drove around on the West side of the river in new Urbanizations where there were just really new roads, some asphalted and most gravel, cut 12 years ago and I saw lots of significant slides and wash outs on the brand new roads that looked like at some point they would be totalled wiped out.
I would agree with that. https://dominicantoday.com/dr/local...t-jarabacoa-manabao-highway-amid-heavy-rains/ Extremely heavy rains for about 5 or 6 hours. In my area of town , no issues other than getting your feet and legs wet. Most of the areas mentioned are low lying with agricultural aqueducts running through the area.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There are three main rivers and numerous side valleys in the Jarabacoa area and enough stupid people that like to build close to a river. The town itself is very safe from flooding.
I am way too familiar with the area and know about those houses on the river banks. Odd they would let children out of school early to face a flood.