rape reported in punta cana hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
So it was this sluts fault that she was raped because she went to a foam party and maybe had a drink?? None of us were there, know the victim or the attacker but already a lot of people are making accusations that its a fake or the girls fault

There is no evidence of violence. The young man lost his job and is being tried in public as is the resort. The resorts security cameras no doubt captured what ever did or didn't happen. Nevertheless it's easier for the resort to just fire the guy and pay her off. If this was just about justice she would not be making the rounds on news channels. She knows if she makes enough noise she will get paid to be silent. A foam party and assaulted on a camera covered property... Paleeese

Julia31

Jan 4, 2012
There is no evidence of violence. The young man lost his job and is being tried in public as is the resort. The resorts security cameras no doubt captured what ever did or didn't happen. Nevertheless it's easier for the resort to just fire the guy and pay her off. If this was just about justice she would not be making the rounds on news channels. She knows if she makes enough noise she will get paid to be silent. A foam party and assaulted on a camera covered property... Paleeese

well i seriously hope restroom stalls at Riu are not video covered...how victims deal with assault can be different. What i am trying to say is that its a shame that she is automatically accused of lying by a lot of guys here. A lot of dominicans hotelworkers drink at work so i believe that it could be true

Last edited by a moderator:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have lived in the DR for a long time. I see reports of all kinds of crime against tourists and locals. Maybe I don't pay much attention to the news, but I cannot ever remember hearing or reading about a rape.

In the DR sex is like shaking hands. A young Dominican working in a resort has money, means, and time to have all the sex he can handle here without resorting to raping a Canadian tourist.

I may be wrong, but to me this is a case of buyer's remorse.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007

A few problems with your analysis. 

First, we have no idea what the "evidence" is. Nothing, other than the woman's word, has been produced thus far. 

Second, women who have been sexually assaulted are usually loathe to speak on it. They feel a combination of violated in the most personal of ways, personally responsible (victims tend to blame themselves), as well as public shame and condemnation, much like you're doing here. It is an incredibly difficult act of courage to come forward.

Third, there appear to be four more cases occurring at the resort. A single case is bad enough, but the likelihood that all five women, who visited at different times, are all lying, is remote. Something's going on at that property.

Fourth, rape isn't about finding fun sex partners. It's a violent crime about power and subjugation. Even if they were acquaintances, "no" means the same thing in English and Espanol. And, "losing their job" should be the least of their concerns. If convicted, they need to throw them under the prison.

I agree the suspects should be treated as innocent until proven guilty. At the same time, the victims should not be treated as criminals because we care more about the well-being of the accused. 

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
A few problems with your analysis.....

Third, there appear to be four more cases occurring at the resort. A single case is bad enough, but the likelihood that all five women, who visited at different times, are all lying, is remote. Something's going on at that property...... 

The article says,

But she was left astonished by what she heard from other resort patrons later that week. Four other women had allegedly been sexually assaulted on the same premises by different men. In at least one case, the suspect was allegedly also a resort employee.

Just sounds a little strange to me. The victim is on let's say a week vacation and she meets other tourists who tell her about four other rapes? Is she saying these alleged rapes happened the same week?

Just don't add up to me....................

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I have lived in the DR for a long time. I see reports of all kinds of crime against tourists and locals. Maybe I don't pay much attention to the news, but I cannot ever remember hearing or reading about a rape.

Several years ago (as in sometime before 2008), an acquaintance of mine was Guest Services Manager at a Playa Dorada hotel. She came to me one evening exhausted and upset because she had had to deal with the fallout of the rape of a sixteen year old guest.

The rapist was not a hotel employee, but it was definitely rape.

It does happen.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
A few problems with your analysis. 

First, we have no idea what the "evidence" is. Nothing, other than the woman's word, has been produced thus far. 

Second, women who have been sexually assaulted are usually loathe to speak on it. They feel a combination of violated in the most personal of ways, personally responsible (victims tend to blame themselves), as well as public shame and condemnation, much like you're doing here. It is an incredibly difficult act of courage to come forward.

Third, there appear to be four more cases occurring at the resort. A single case is bad enough, but the likelihood that all five women, who visited at different times, are all lying, is remote. Something's going on at that property.

Fourth, rape isn't about finding fun sex partners. It's a violent crime about power and subjugation. Even if they were acquaintances, "no" means the same thing in English and Espanol. And, "losing their job" should be the least of their concerns. If convicted, they need to throw them under the prison.

I agree the suspects should be treated as innocent until proven guilty. At the same time, the victims should not be treated as criminals because we care more about the well-being of the accused. 

There are more problems with your analysis. First and foremost , its comical lol. She claims she was forced into the bathroom. Most likely this would be captured on camera as most public walkways are video monitored. Secondly, spare us the psycho victim nonsense about this delicate flower coming from a foam party where hook ups are the main course. No one actually believes that she was just walking and along came this young man employee who she does not know, shoves her into a bath room and accosts her. Bogus !
Further this is not back east. If this girl let Fausto shove is tongue in her mouth and squeeze her like a sponge earlier, implied consent is the rule of the day. This guy and the resort are being put on trial in the court of public opinion.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Several years ago (as in sometime before 2008), an acquaintance of mine was Guest Services Manager at a Playa Dorada hotel. She came to me one evening exhausted and upset because she had had to deal with the fallout of the rape of a sixteen year old guest.

It does happen.

What does one guest being raped by another have to do with this incident? We are talking about a Dominican working in a resort raping a guest. I can tell you stories from the Hard Rock that will make your hair stand up. All coming by way of tourists in the hotel.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com

It does happen.

But in this case the accused is an employee of the hotel. Any Dominican knows that his word doesn't weigh as much as the word of a gringa if she would just complain about him especially when being accused of rape.
Now if this gringa would have been at a colmado that would be a different story but by an employee in the hotel?
Again I might be wrong but something smells fishy here

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
So.... The victim is guilty until proven innocent and the accused is innocent until proven guilty. Interesting.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
So.... The victim is guilty until proven innocent and the accused is innocent until proven guilty. Interesting.

...Apparently. Welcome back to the stone ages. 

Women are supposed to be protected, not attacked. That includes assaults on their character and veracity. 

In the meantime, let law enforcement do their job, and let's wait for the facts before condemning either party.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
Most victims let the legal system work and present evidence such as witnesses before running to the media and and doing T.V interviews. I guess if you do the talk show circuit that is the best way to adjudicate your case now.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
A foam party sounds like a unprotected way to spread stuff. I must be out of the loop on this one. Alcohol, slippery surfaces, foamy stuff and other things in your eyes, what could go wrong? Pink eye is the least serious thing you are likely to contract. A really bad idea as far as I am concerned. Even worse than a fad from a few years ago. Anyone remember Wesson oil parties on the kitchen floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.