Re: Closed Sosúa Beach "Renovation" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

David B

Aug 31, 2017
I took a break from DR1 and didn't return before the thread was closed for the usual. I thank North Coast Diver for responding to my question. I should have been less lazy and searched the name of the compound on Pedro Clisante that I was referring to before posting. Here is the link to the original YouTube video. The only bar that opened there is the 2413 Sport Bar and Disco (typically written incorrectly in English). It amazes me that so much was apparently invested in this fantasyland pipedream (if you follow the claims in the video) and nothing came out of it, well, almost nothing.

The Red Zone, Sosua

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
70,000 sq Feet... what ever happened to these guys , and their Million Dollar Investment, which they were going to make back in 2 years ?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
They'll be renaming it "The Dead Zone" soon.
Yeagh, that's a Hell of a way to put a Million Dollars to Sleep .
Ballsy move though , I will give them that , they tried to corner the Market on the New RED Light District , which was promised to them I guess ..

anyone have any Up To date Pictures of the devastation, I mean construction" ? . .
Did they just walk away , leave it unfinished ? or does it have For Rent signs on it.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Ballsy move though , I will give them that , they tried to corner the Market on the New RED Light District , which was promised to them I guess ..

anyone have any Up To date Pictures of the devastation, I mean construction" ? . .
Did they just walk away , leave it unfinished ? or does it have For Rent signs on it.
I regularly went through that part of town on my way to a local restaurant. Now almost never. The food quality has gone down as has the "dessert" menu in the area.

Reactions: David B

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I regularly went through that part of town on my way to a local restaurant. Now almost never. The food quality has gone down as has the "dessert" menu in the area.
Does that mean that the governments mission of moving the hookers more out of sight and out of mind has actually worked (despite the non-success of the plaza)?

Is that restaurant Janets?

I happened to drive by the plaza the other day but could not see anyone there. It was mid-afternoon.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

I've driven by there a couple times in the afternoon. Last time was about a week ago. The building looks finished on the outside. It always looks completely dead whenever I've gone by. Nobody out and around on the streets anywhere nearby either. Maybe it picks up at night(?),.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016

It was open a couple of weeks ago as a few of us played some table tennis there. We have video of a 2 shot rally and are thinking of turning it into a Youtube video. Lots of exercise chasing the ball around that place.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
70,000 sq Feet... what ever happened to these guys , and their Million Dollar Investment, which they were going to make back in 2 years ?
I frequent 24-13 on a regular basis especially during the NFL season. David the owner is a really good guy and this project is just a hobby for him. The place is huge,spotlessly clean and they will bend over backwards to accommodate you. They get a lot of Dominicans that come in to shoot pool and NO,they don't all share one grande and nurse it,they spend money. They also have had some pretty big private parties in the rear section where there is a beautiful pool and a stage for bands,usually well to do Haitians. I don't like to frequent the crowded bars on Pedro Clisante,24-13 fits my need,watch sports and shoot a little pool.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Lets not over look the lines of families streaming into Sosua and filling the churches with paying parishioners.
...or all of the cruise ship passengers being bussed from Puerta Plata twice a week dropping hundreds of dollars on the gourmet restuarants with impeccable service.
(they have a very long way too go)

Status
Not open for further replies.