Real estate agents improper request

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Seems to me that you have worn out your welcome with a lot of real estate agents and no one wants to deal with you.....LOL
Are you Canadian?

My thoughts not yours........

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If someone were to sign an agreement and then scoff at what could happen when they refuse to agree to the terms of that agreement (obligations) because the costs of a lawsuit are so high, it speaks volumes about that person.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
rogers view that he can sign a contract and then just walk away from it ....speaks volumes about his character. if you do not intend to stick to the agreement ...don't sign the contract
to me its the same as handing someone a signed check with no money in the account

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Just curious
I heard recently that if you are looking for a place to buy, and use for example west indies real estate - where thay may show you 5 properties

Then if you immediately go to another real estate like perdomo and they show you a property that west indies had previously shown you and you buy it from Perdomo, then i have heard that WI real estate can get very upset and cause you problems claiming they had shown you the property first.
Further, i have heard that real estates can ask you to sign a contract saying you will not purchase a property shown to you by them first...from another real estate. And that i may owe them money because they put in all the hard work.

1/ can someone clarify this please?

my opinion , its none of the real estates business what i do and from whom i choose to buy property.

What if i got a better deal from perdomo?
What happens if i refuse to sign this document?
What are the ramifications of signing this document and then buying from another real estate?
Will that mean they wont show me any properties?

If this is a true understanding of this situation then id like to say OMG the nerve of these real estate people!

The real estate industry in the DR is NOT REGULATED. If you are talking about % of commission that is one thing. The price you or "agent" have negotiated is another. There is no such things as a exclusive buyers contract in the DR. You can go to as many agencies as you want to look for property. Theoretically though why would you look at the same property with two different agents unless the time frame was months and months apart. You are the one making the offer not your agent. He is acting on your behalf and in your best interests. So one agent has no control over what you will offer to the seller. I would not sign any document that says an agent has exclusive rights and I would make sure you have a firm agreement on the commission rate. Some agents in the DR will try to intimidate you but they have no legal grounds to stand on. Tell them to no molestar and have a nice day.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
There is no fixed regulation and RE agents are not normally licensed as such.

Don't sign a visit form ever and if they won't let you see the property go to another agency..

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
LTSteve is talking about a buyer's agent, not a seller's agent.

The seller's agent represents the seller.
The buyer's agent represents the buyer.

It raises an interesting point......

What if a buyer in RD had an agent sign a buyer's agreement...?
He would then be authorized to search on that buyer's behalf and would have an agreed % laid out.

The seller would be obligated (as always) to settle with the listing agent.

Just a thought ..... one which I have used in Canada to my advantage

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
rogers view that he can sign a contract and then just walk away from it ....speaks volumes about his character. if you do not intend to stick to the agreement ...don't sign the contract
to me its the same as handing someone a signed check with no money in the account

Thats not my view.
Read my post...i would never sign a document like this.
Im questioning its presence

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
will do!!!!
I cant imagine a real estate refusing to show me a home...and potentially miss out on a $200k deal. Over this document. Nahhhhhh

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Roger, why going to the same property with different agencies? Do a good offer and start to negociate. I Personally would have my thoughts about a person that starts shopping around thrue different real estates to buy muy house.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
will do!!!!
I cant imagine a real estate refusing to show me a home...and potentially miss out on a $200k deal. Over this document. Nahhhhhh

Even in the DR if you are a seller, than a real estate agency will have you sign an agreement as to what their services are and what the agreed upon commission rate is. As a buyer I would not sign any type of agreement. If you work with a particular agent in the DR and you feel for whatever reason that you don't want to continue working with him than walk away and call someone else. In the same vein if this person presents a professional approach to showing you homes than stay with their services .