Recommendations for demolishing and building new pool

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Yes, the gardener vacuums and chlorinates it

Solar panels only... no electric bill
Well chlorine doesn't cost much.
I hate cleaning the pool.
This makes the second place I lived with a pool.
I like trees and shade and pools and trees don't mix

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
If I had a house with a pool, it would have to be a screened in pool. That's the only way to go. It makes cleaning a cinch. Chemicals are cheap if you know what you're doing.

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
If I had a house with a pool, it would have to be a screened in pool. That's the only way to go. It makes cleaning a cinch. Chemicals are cheap if you know what you're doing.
My brother in Florida has a screened-in pool with salt water. Easy to spend an afternoon jumping in and out of that sucker.

Pools are like boats. I like to have friends with them.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
My brother in Florida has a screened-in pool with salt water. Easy to spend an afternoon jumping in and out of that sucker.

Pools are like boats. I like to have friends with them.
I put in a screened pool after I bought my house. It was the best investment I ever made. I was really nice to sit out on the pool deck in the evenings and not be bothered by mosquitos or other bugs. There's just something very relaxing I find just sitting by the pool.

In Florida, the majority of pools are screened in. Here it's just the opposite. I see aerial fotos of gated communities here and almost nobody has the pool screened in. Makes no sense to me(?).

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I put in a screened pool after I bought my house. It was the best investment I ever made. I was really nice to sit out on the pool deck in the evenings and not be bothered by mosquitos or other bugs. There's just something very relaxing I find just sitting by the pool.

In Florida, the majority of pools are screened in. Here it's just the opposite. I see aerial fotos of gated communities here and almost nobody has the pool screened in. Makes no sense to me(?).
I'd guess cost is a big factor.
Also, Florida houses are designed with pools as a integral unit so the cost to enclose it is much less. My brother's pool has house walls on two sides.
Here, many pools are stand-alone or installed later so they require all 4 walls and an entrance installed and even then are not as stable as one attached to the house.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I'd guess cost is a big factor.
Also, Florida houses are designed with pools as a integral unit so the cost to enclose it is much less. My brother's pool has house walls on two sides.
Here, many pools are stand-alone or installed later so they require all 4 walls and an entrance installed and even then are not as stable as one attached to the house.
I you can afford a $300K-$400K and higher villa here, it sure seems you can afford a screen on your pool(?). It makes it so much more useable and much easier to maintain.

My pool was just added on and attached to the back of the house. What's so hard about doing that here?

Reactions: JD Jones

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
I've never been inside one of those enclosed Florida pools but see those all the time out there.

Part of the joy of having a pool is to look up at the sky, and I imagine not of the roof of an enclosed pool.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I've never been inside one of those enclosed Florida pools but see those all the time out there.

Part of the joy of having a pool is to look up at the sky, and I imagine not of the roof of an enclosed pool.
There's no "roof' on a screened-in pool(?). It's screen just like the rest of it. It filters out some of the sun's rays so you don't burn as fast and the pool consumes less chemicals. too.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
use Flex pipe when building pool on all around instead of abs/pvc white , cost more thank me later...
They used flex pipe on my pool in C.T. and after a year the pool leaked like a sieve caused by termites chewing up the flex pipe,just sayin'....

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
They used flex pipe on my pool in C.T. and after a year the pool leaked like a sieve caused by termites chewing up the flex pipe,just sayin'....
Are you talking about flex pipe or Pex?