Red Lobster, Olive Garden, and Longhorn Steakhouse in the DR

Which of the new restaurant chains will you most likely visit? (Multiple Choice Poll)

• Total voters
May 29, 2006
One thing that makes a great first impression of the DR is when they give you free Cuba Libres while you wait in line at Immigration..

May 29, 2006
There are jobs where you do searches for a company and then post positive reviews.. It's getting very common on Yelp! and other sites. They copy and paste generic reviews that could apply to just about any restaurant. Don't be surprise if the IP address is in China...

"We were quite surprised by the selection of the menu and the waitress gave us very service. Portions were more than enough for the four of us and the order came right away. Will definitely stop by again next time we're in town!"

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
IMHO the best burger franchise is Five Guys Burgers and Fries, hands down. They cut the potatoes fresh for the fries and the portions are HUGE.

5guys.jpg

Please go to in and out if you haven't been, and reevaluate.

19600ab526e5ac9f_m.jpg

Brookelemongotsoul

Mar 12, 2015
That would definitely put you in the Minority. For those of us that live in the DR, these places are a novelty.

I've never been to any of them, so I know I'd like to try them out, and would probably patronize them on a regular basis.

I've been to Applebees three times, and each time had what I felt was a great meal, (but expensive)

I guess one wants what they can't or usually don't have. I am excited about trying the local food. I worked at Chilis in college for 6 years and can barely stand to eat there. And Red Lobster in California is kinda like embarrassing seafood that is not fresh, for a cheap price. Maybe in the DR they will get seafood locally and it will be great. I can see where if you don't have these
chains, they would be nice to have. To outsiders, having restaurants that we see at home while visiting, seem too much like
home--which we are trying to get away from. BUT if it makes locals happy and good business? Then I can still choose where
to eat when Im there. Please say there is no McDonalds in DR---guessing there is on in SD....blech!