Red moon, Bosox win! Congratulations!!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Cleef said:
Nightmare scenario.

Imagine on opening day at Fenway, Pedro gets his ring?and he's in pinstripes.

To top it off, "....and now warming up in the Yankees bullpen, today's starter... Derek Lowe...."

To me, that's what The Boss will try hard to accomplish.

I know what you're saying, and it's definitely a possibility. Boston only wants to give Pedro a one-year contract, and with so many other options (including the high-paying Yanks), Pedro would be stupid not to look out for himself. However, I don't think we'll ever see Pedro in a Yankees uniform; he hates them too much, and now that Boston has proven they can win, I hope that will be the motivation to stay. I think Pedro also still wants to prove it to himself that he can beat the Yankees in a BoSox uniform. Pedro has heart, but the reality is, money talks. Hopefully, Boston will come through and not let history repeat itself by giving up the goods like Pedro and Lowe. I'd love to see Randy Johnson on the mound next year; get rid of Arroyo and Wakefield (and then some) to make it happen; bring in a good bullpenner like Reitsma; play Embree more. Sorry Cleef, I know you'll disagree, but lose Bellhorn (176 strikeouts beat Boston's all-time record in a year and nearly beat the league record - plus, I don't find him to be such a great 2nd baseman - I know, he did come through when we needed it), Millar, and Veritek. Play Mirabelli and Mientkiewicz. If Pokey Reese could bat, he'd be a phenomenal player. I'd also love to see Boston sign Moises Alou; however it's just not going to work; Boston has a great outfield.

Anyone know how long Francona has a contract for? I'd love to see him get the boot.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
now what?

There is an interesting article in both the globe and ny time about how us sox fans are going to go thru withdrawal now that the sox FINALY have won. THat the myth and mystique are lost.

I have to say...i kind of felt the withdrawal setting in last night when i had no idea what to watch on TV.

I do realize that the team will be all split up soon.....so I will probably be rooting for the chicago cubs to finaly end their own curse.

I hope the posters are correct about pedro NOT ending up in NYC next year (i live in NYC now...orig from boston). THe fans here totaly dont want pedro here...but Daddy Steinbrenner NEED pitching!!! The boston fans dont really LIKE pedro..(arrogant, prima dona...etc) but they certainly like him pitching for them when it counts. The NY Daily news has already written several articles speculating the boss's wanting pedro next year.

I think the whole zimmer incident last year makes it REALLY hard for pedro to come here....and I predict he will end up in anaheim.

I HOPE he ends up with a NL team so the sox dont have to face him durring the regular season.

Oh well....time to start planning on seeing a game in the winter season in san pedro d. m.

Oh....i also predicted at work that the sox, patriots and john kerry will win! (i will be MORE than happy if i get 2 out of three....and Kerry knocks that idiot out of the oval office!!!!!) If kerry loses....what is the chance of me making it as a SLIGHTLY overweight 40 year old sankie?

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
jrzyguy said:
Oh....i also predicted at work that the sox, patriots and john kerry will win! (i will be MORE than happy if i get 2 out of three....and Kerry knocks that idiot out of the oval office!!!!!) If kerry loses....what is the chance of me making it as a SLIGHTLY overweight 40 year old sankie?

Speaking of which...what's up with Schilling rallying for Bush today??? Doesn't he know Kerry is a huge Boston fan??? :tired:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
jrzyguy said:
The boston fans dont really LIKE pedro..(arrogant, prima dona...etc) but they certainly like him pitching for them when it counts.

I have to disagree here; I think many were a little put-out by his "daddy" comments, but I think the majority love Pedro for the heart he has for the game, as well as the charity work he does (unlike A-Rod, Pedro doesn't showcase it and brag about it). Plus, Boston has a huge Dominican population; isn't the whole town of Lawrence Dominican ;) ??? I'm not overly confident about US geography (Cdn. born), but I am quite sure Pedro has a lot of fans in and around Boston.

Last edited:

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
I hope you are right trina. I REALLY want to see pedro stay put in boston. The sox won the series with pitching combined with the bats. Both the yanks and cards sank due to weak bullpens.

IMHO...i think it is more difficult to build a solid bullpen than it is to find good bats.

Well..cant wait to see some winter beisball in san pedro d. m. in january!!!!

jj

Argo

*** Sin Bin ***
Aug 5, 2004
jrzyguy said:
There is an interesting article in both the globe and ny time about how us sox fans are going to go thru withdrawal now that the sox FINALY have won. THat the myth and mystique are lost.

I have to say...i kind of felt the withdrawal setting in last night when i had no idea what to watch on TV.

I do realize that the team will be all split up soon.....so I will probably be rooting for the chicago cubs to finaly end their own curse.

I hope the posters are correct about pedro NOT ending up in NYC next year (i live in NYC now...orig from boston). THe fans here totaly dont want pedro here...but Daddy Steinbrenner NEED pitching!!! The boston fans dont really LIKE pedro..(arrogant, prima dona...etc) but they certainly like him pitching for them when it counts. The NY Daily news has already written several articles speculating the boss's wanting pedro next year.

I think the whole zimmer incident last year makes it REALLY hard for pedro to come here....and I predict he will end up in anaheim.

I HOPE he ends up with a NL team so the sox dont have to face him durring the regular season.

Oh well....time to start planning on seeing a game in the winter season in san pedro d. m.

Steinbrenner wouldn't even consider hiring that cry baby prima dona

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Argo said:
Steinbrenner wouldn't even consider hiring that cry baby prima dona

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...guess he's got enough on his team already??? Posada? Jeter? A-Rod? You're right, Pedro can't compete with his other cry-baby prima donnas.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
trina said:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...guess he's got enough on his team already??? Posada? Jeter? A-Rod? You're right, Pedro can't compete with his other cry-baby prima donnas.

Trina....you got it right!!! But pedro aint as cute as jeter and A-Rod.....(is the Boss Gay?) Well..the NYC papers have been buzzing about pedro...and the boss' need to get the pitching revamped...i hope the sox can work out some deal with him...but it looks doubtful.