Renting in Gazcue, Santo Domingo

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
One more vote for Gazcue. I like it here because it's walkable. People drive very crazy so if I can get there by foot all the better. I don't feel unsafe and it has many of the amenities one would want, restaurants, markets, pharmacies, etc. Other parts of the city are cleaner and maybe better/cheaper apartments for rent, but to me those areas are congested, and you really need a car.

dalethefarmer

Jan 27, 2014
When I stay in SD I stay in Gazcue in a condo of a semi-modern building. I have to say that it feels sort-of kind-of new york city where you can pretty much walk anywhere and there's the metro. Is a nice walk to the malecon but a car is always a plus. It is crazy driving around there and I've seen plenty of accidents. I felt safe walking in the streets there are always people outside even at night, but I did witness an armed robbery right at the corner of where I was staying so is not 100% safe - but then again, where is it? Also the building has a 'watchiman' in the night.

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
Try supercasas.com or mudate.net,they have a tremondous amount of listing.when you go to supercasas,on the left click on apartments,then on the three drop down menu do as follow,Santo Domingo,Santo Domingo centro,Gazcue

Are these the best sites for finding rentals in SDQ and STI?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Are these the best sites for finding rentals in SDQ and STI?

also check the classifieds in Listin Diario. And Aqui tu casa.

but really,., the best way to find a good rental is to find the neighborhood and walk it. Most of the rentals are not advertised.

There are no exclusive listings and there is only so much work a realtor is going to do for a small commission.. i e,, none..

you have to first find your neighborhood. I think the prices on Supercasas are high. I like aquitucasa.com which seems to have more reasonable rents

like these Aquitucasa.com - Casa | Hogar | Apartamento | Penthouse | Local | Villas | Venta | Alquiler | Santo Domingo | Republica Dominicana

try to find those which are advertised in peaos, not dollars.. Ask for a five year lease with a 5% increase and kick out clause.

that will be the best that you can do.