Report a vicious dog

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
Kind of on the nose with the news right now. I'm in an airbnb in Barahona right now and the downstairs person has an untrained pit bull that barks at everything that moves and pushes on iron doors. It even barks and growls and throws its dish at my silhouette in the back shower window.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Powderise some Benadryl tablets and stuff them into a sausage for him.
1.) He is your new best Friend
2.) He becomes calm and sleepy for at least 8 hours
3.) Deduct the costs for the Benadryl from your Airbnb Payment LOL

Reactions: CristoRey

Big

Apr 24, 2019
a unchecked barking dog is as rude and inconsiderate as playing loud music all night. Defcon 1 or move. There is no reasoning with such a selfish dic.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Call the police number for noise. That's why it exists.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Well, good luck with all the suggestions. I once tried to report a constantly barking dog, and the Noise Line in Sosua was constantly unavailable. Later, a different dog bit me and I was taken to the hospital (pretty hefty bite) and I took the owners to the Fiscal and guess what happened.....

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Well, good luck with all the suggestions. I once tried to report a constantly barking dog, and the Noise Line in Sosua was constantly unavailable. Later, a different dog bit me and I was taken to the hospital (pretty hefty bite) and I took the owners to the Fiscal and guess what happened.....
Tell us - this isn't the guessing thread

Reactions: irishpaddy

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
let's get serious; Airbnb has a pretty amazing costumer Service. Complain to them directly and ask them to move you to a diferent location. Usually you get something more expensive without aditional charge.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
It’s DR. You’ve been here long enough to know what happened. Absolutely nothing.

Credit due where credit deserved, when I was bitten by one of my own dogs ( don't ask 😲), years ago, I went to the local hospital.
After they checked the bite, they forwarded me to " salud publico ".
Salud publico checks that you are up to date on vaccinations ---- which I wasn't 😐, and follow up on rabies symptoms.

Anyway, my Spanish was not that good in those days and there was mis-communication.
They understood I had captured the dog that bite me and locked it up, when I was trying to tell them it was my dog.

Next day the elder lady boss from salud publico rang my doorbell, accompanied by 2 guys with machetes. They were there to collect the dogs head to have its brain checked for rabies in SD 🫤.

All that to say that everybody was amazed they actually turned up to do something about a dog biting a person.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
It can take time to win dogs over.
I took in a rescue 4 years ago.
She had been tied up her whole life and was starving with all the hair on her neck gone from a rope that was used to tie her up. She was quite aggressive for 18 months and even bit me several times. I didn't give up (even though at times I wanted to) because I could tell she was very smart.
Now she's the sweetest dog, no longer aggressive and is sleeping on my feet at the foot of my bed and is super obedient.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
It can take time to win dogs over.
Pitbuls are a very territorial breed.
I know a little about them. A good friend of mine has been breeding them up in Pascagoula, MS for 20+ years. They are definitely a one person dog and do not do well around groups of people or strangers. In this situation I recommend OP contact his AirBnb host and ask his host to contact the dogs owner to see if they can come to some sort of agreement and resolve the issue. Otherwise it will end up being a problem for the next guest as well.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Pitbuls are a very territorial breed.
I know a little about them. A good friend of mine has been breeding them up in Pascagoula, MS for 20+ years. They are definitely a one person dog and do not do well around groups of people or strangers. In this situation I recommend OP contact his AirBnb host and ask his host to contact the dogs owner to see if they can come to some sort of agreement and resolve the issue. Otherwise it will end up being a problem for the next guest as well.
My neighbor has two and when they get out they play with my dogs and let me pet them.
We have a neighborood walk everyday and one of the other neighbors has a big Staffordshire terrier who isn't territorial and is super sweet. Unfortunately that one is recovering now from a broken leg so we look forward to his return to walking in a few weeks