Reputable Estate Agents around Santiago Province

MovingToDR2011

Mar 29, 2010
Hey

My mum and I are going out to the Dominican Republic in August and I am wondering if anyone has some contact information for any reputable estate agents around Santiago province. We're looking to buy somewhere not IN the city, but close enough to enjoy the city life when we need it.

We're going to rent for the first year, and buy after we find somewhere we like. For this trip it's more of a fact-finding mission - we're not going to buy here and now.

Any info on good English language schools would be useful, although the research for that has gone fairly well so far. The schools need to be up to Grade 12 for my brother.

Thanks in advance guys.

Stevie

bearcat

Nov 12, 2008
I found these guys

I found this website because I am moving to Santiago soon and wish to rent and then purchase property. The people seem to be informed and sincere. But remember this:THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A REALTOR IN THE SENSE WE KNOW IT. REAL ESTATE PEOPLE HERE HAVE NO LICENSE, BOND, INSURANCE OR COMPLANCE AGENCY.

BEFORE YOU DEAL WITH ANYONE GET A LIST OF THEIR USA CUSTOMERS AND CALL THEM YOURSELF.

THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA HAS A PAYMENT GUARNTEE PROGRAM THAT CAN BE FITTED FOR A REAL ESTATE TRANSACTION. NEVER GIVE A REALTOR YOUR MONEY. I DID HERE IN SD AND GOT BACK HALF ALTHOUGH I NEVER MOVED INTO THE PROPERTY.

THIS IS NOT KANSAS! ASSUME EVERYONE IS A CROOK UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I will recommend you to check "Bienes raices Payamp" Calle General Cabrera esquina Mella across the street from Antiguo Palacio de justicia on the second floor of the building where Cafeteria "Central" is located.
This is one of the oldest Realtor of the city...

JJ