Reputation System Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Babaganoosh!!

As I pointed out this really means nothing. :cheeky: A. Hidalgo does the point system bother you? C'mon man. It is just silly "gossip" stuff anyways. I highly doubt that Lesley cares about what blocks are there or not. Robert and others ,( some take this way to serious), like this system and think that some peoples "opinions" are worth there weight in Gold. When in reality it means only what others react too. No biggy. Have a great one and don't sweat the little stuff. ;) But just to make you feel better I just gave Leslie positive.
Are you this ANNOYING in real life?.

SOME are trying to take this seriously and you are trying to make a joke out of it!.

If it really means nothing to you, why do you bother reading and posting (A LOOOOOT) on this thread?.

Worse yet, why in hell do you use it....giving out points, I mean, if it means nothing to you?.

You know why?.....Because it means something to you!.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Yes...sir...SHE is a woman...with three boys who are constantly jumping on mom's computer. We've each made the mistake of logging onto each other's various accounts like Facebook, DR1 or other accounts...I've given them the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't intentional.

And they left comments on someone's reputation box in Mum's name? Unintentionally of course. :laugh::laugh::laugh: What little pranksters they are.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
AZB where are you ?

This thread will not be official until you weigh in on it!

Don SantiagoDR

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
AZB where are you ?

This thread will not be official until you weigh in on it!

Don SantiagoDR

As bad as some people think he is in the 9 years I've been here and 5 of those as mod I've deleted so many of AZB's posts that I've lost count but not once has he openly bitched and complained about it nor has he sent me any PM's asking where did his posts go or what to do, EVER!!!

And when I've sent him a PM he's treated me with respect and not challenged me in anyway.

Before I became mod I loved having these huge disagreements with him but it was always about an issue not personal stuff.

What he says or does in private I don't care but he has never publicly complained about me nor has he ever complained to me about any mod or DR1.

J

John Evans

I just have certain people on my ignore list and i no longer read their posts...it helps...theres probably some stats for that too

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Anna called me an idiot, but that's cool because sometimes I post without reading the full thread, and sometimes I misinterprete what a person means. I'm much more sacastic in real life than on the web.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
As bad as some people think he is in the 9 years I've been here and 5 of those as mod I've deleted so many of AZB's posts that I've lost count but not once has he openly bitched and complained about it nor has he sent me any PM's asking where did his posts go or what to do, EVER!!!

... men hate to ask directions from someone!!!!

Now, AnnaC,

Just wondering how he views this matter, don?t get too terribly upset over my post.

However, after that comment, I will be waiting with "Baited Breath" to see his view on this matter.

PS: And my earlier post thanking you was a genuine "Thanks", in case you mis-interpretted that.

Don SantiagoDR

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Why is it that we don't hear from the 9 out of 10 positive ones that I give out? :laugh:

I know it much more fun to complain. ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Anna called me an idiot, but that's cool because sometimes I post without reading the full thread, and sometimes I misinterprete what a person means. I'm much more sacastic in real life than on the web.

Yes Bob there are times I react too quickly so I've given you positive ones for any past misinterpretation of my own ;)

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I have not been using this system that much because I don't think that, with my limited knowledge of DR, I can be qualified to evaluate other people's posts, but would like to thank those who actually pay attention to my posts. Their marks and comments help me to evaluate myself, kind of look at my own personality on this site from the side which is always useful. :glasses:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Mira esto....

Shhhh, do NOT tell anybody and take this to the bank:

What I am about to tell you is coming from a guy who has been "told" EVERYTHING under the roof (granted, I have given it 20 times worse)...

I have been been threatened with bodily harm, threatened to have my axx kicked, threatened to send people come to my hometown and kick my axx, threatened to be slapped, to have someone stick his foot up my axx....I have been called every name in the book (and my deseased mother, RIP, too), and MORE....from phussy, to moron, to idiot....you named it, I have been called that.....And MOST, NOT ALLLLL, was when I was a newbie!.

But since I gave it 20 times worse and stood my ground, "Monster Miguel" was created!.

The shyt MANY here put me through when I was a newbie, ALLLL of you have no idea!.

Just imagine 3-5 more people ganging up on you and tell you off day in and day out!!....Anything I posted was "fair game"....I posted about the weather, boom, I posted about sankies, boom, I agreed with a person's post, boom, ANYTHING!!...Shyt, SOME even complained that I posted too much, when in fact they posted MORE often.

Then, when they found out I was NOT taking their shyt laying down, they HAD to back down.....MOST even dissapeared, were banned or became part-time members!!.....And gues what.....Miguelito is still here!.

Now, and this is where I am getting to...You know why, even if I sound like I am annoyed, I do NOT let these people get to me?:

Because I take the comments from the person that it's coming from!!!!.

If I have no respect for the person, I WILL tell that person exactly what I feel about their comment!!!. Not because I care, but because I want to make sure they know, with my reply, that their stupid comment means nothing to me!.

Now, if I respect the person, I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Example: There was a very nice Moderator here, named Timex....A few years ago he gave me some points (not this new thing, another thing) for, if I am not mistaken, getting off topic on a thread...I did NOT think I was off topic but gave him the benefit of the dount and if I am not mistaken (I could be wrong), even thanked him for it!. And NOOOO, I was not being sarcastic because I really liked that guy.....Especially for his caring heart!!.

Bottom line, take people's comment with a grain of salt, AFTER you see from whom such comments is coming from!.

Granted, MOST of you know will take my comments and stick them up my butt!!.....Get it, coming from me?....No respect.....Get it?...Ooooh, whatever...Wahaha!.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Find out what it means to me
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Oh (sock it to me, sock it to me,
sock it to me, sock it to me)
A little respect (sock it to me, sock it to me,
sock it to me, sock it to me)
Whoa, babe (just a little bit)
A little respect (just a little bit)

Sorry I had too!! I have respect for you Monster M! I give you props! Like i said before it's not about whether you like someone or not, it's about Being respectful and taking into consideration of one's feelings.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I'm glad this topic was revisited. I had no idea how this system worked until today. So, thanks for bringing it up again. This stir finally made me figure out what this was all about.

Can someone direct me to the tread that explains this? Yeah, Yeah..I know ... I'm a little slow. I was just afraid that I was going to do it wrong.

I think that it's a great idea that you are held accountable when you leave a comment. It stops the anonymous bashing.

DOMINCAN BOY

On Vacation!
Jun 6, 2006
I'm glad this topic was revisited. I had no idea how this system worked until today. So, thanks for bringing it up again. This stir finally made me figure out what this was all about.

Can someone direct me to the tread that explains this? Yeah, Yeah..I know ... I'm a little slow. I was just afraid that I was going to do it wrong.

I think that it's a great idea that you are held accountable when you leave a comment. It stops the anonymous bashing.
:bunny: I think it is all here ? http://www.dr1.com/forums/general-stuff/70119-whats-yellow-green-squares.html

http://www.dr1.com/forums/592048-post2.html

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
another one bites the dust. i think we know wha the reputation system does by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.