Residence Through Marriage

Getbock

Oct 22, 2018
Hi everyone.
I have a question for the forum.
I have traveled back and forth between Europe and DR for a few years on a tourist visa.
Now I been here 'illegal' for a year and got marriage to a dominican woman since april, 2022.
I also started a company here I will work in from october.
How do I get the residency easiest. Can I do it from here or do I need to go back to Europe?

Regards

Getbock

Oct 22, 2018
You have to go back. If DGM ever finds out you were working here, you'll probably never be approved for residency.
I just started a company with RNC number.
Offcause I need a residency before I start working there myself.
It is therefor I asked the forum what is the best and fastest way to go.
If I can avoid it I don't want to go back to Europe at the moment.
When I talk to the migration office in SD, they can't or will not answer.
I talk to three lawyers and got thee different answers. The only answer that was the same was, I can do it for 5-7.000 USD. And it take up to 1 year.
It is faster to make it in Europe, 3-4 month, but I need to be there at that time as well.

Getbock

Oct 22, 2018
Guzman Ariza is the legal advisor for DR1. They offer a free consultation. Contact them. They will give you the right answer. They do a lot of residencies. They did mine and also quite a few other posters here on DR1. $5K-$7K sounds way too high to me.
Thanks, I will do that.
Do they speak english or only spanish?

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
I also recommend Guzman. I used them for my residence and land purchase. They will have lawyers that speak your language. They can also advice you on your business. Not the cheapest law firm but very competent and honest. They will quote you a price upfront and respect it. You can contact them on their web site and set up an appointment for a free consultation for all your needs. You should mention you are a DR1 member.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There is no "legal" way to avoid going back to the closest embassy to your home and getting a residency visa in your passport.

Are there non-legal ways so you don't have to leave the DR? Only the Shadow knows.

You will ending up going back to Europe, but I am only 99.99999% sure of that. Please let us know what the lawyers you talk to say about this.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The residency visa is obtained by you in the closest DR Embassy to your home. You will also need that no criminal record document translated and apostilled, your translated and apostilled birth certificate and any other proof they ask for before you get that residency visa.

SERVICE DESCRIPTION​

Temporary residence permit for foreigners entering the Dominican Republic with the purpose of temporarily residing in the country. The validity of this permit is for one (1) year.

TO WHOM THIS SERVICE IS INTENDED​

Foreigner with the intention to settle and bond, temporarily, in the country.

DEPARMENT​

Immigration Department / Evaluation Unit.

CONTACT INFO​

Dirección: Autopista 30 de Mayo, Esquina Héroes De Luperon, Santo Domingo República Dominicana
Teléfono: 809-508-2555 Ext. 2043
Email: info@migracion.gob.do

REQUIREMENTS​

• Passport valid for a minimum of six (6) months.
• Residence Visa (RS).
• Birth certificate unexteded.
• Four (4) recent photographs, of the same set: two (2) front and two (2), right profile, size 2×2, white background
• Certificate of No Criminal Record of your country of origin or of the country where you have resided in the last five (5) years.
• Marriage certificate, declaration of singleness or proof of living together, apostilled or legalized.
• Guarantee policy contracted with insurers authorized by the DGM. You can go to Seguros Reservas, S.A. CLICKING HERE

PROCEDURE TO FOLLOW​

1- Enter the DGM service portal. (https://personal.migracion.gob.do).
2- Register your username and password in the system. (If you have previously registered, enter your previous username and password).
3- Service Selection:
3.1- Choose the “APPLICATION LIST” option.
3.2- In the “AVAILABLE SERVICES” option, select the LOCATION-OFFICE where you will receive the service.
3.3- From the “LIST OF SERVICES”, choose the service you will request.
3.4- Complete all the information required in the “INFORMATION QUESTIONNAIRE FOR APPLICANT”.
4- The scanned documents must be in JPG format for the application via web.
5- The medical examination must be carried out within three (3) days after payment (including the day of payment), otherwise you must make the payment again. You must wait (10) ten days to know their results.
6- All documents deposited in the DGM must be original and must be notarized, legalized and apostilled, as appropriate.

Getbock

Oct 22, 2018
There is no "legal" way to avoid going back to the closest embassy to your home and getting a residency visa in your passport.

Are there non-legal ways so you don't have to leave the DR? Only the Shadow knows.

You will ending up going back to Europe, but I am only 99.99999% sure of that. Please let us know what the lawyers you talk to say about this.
I heard about an other guy somewhere in south america. He needed to get the paperwork done by the embassy, then he send the passport by DHL, had it stamped and just go to the immigration.
I was wondered if I could do it too, otherwise I had to make all paper to the embassy and when finish go back for 1 day. It is a waste of time and money.