Residency renewal online - has anyone tried?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I did find a lawyer's site that states if your permanent residency is prior to 1996 then no medical is required. Can anyone verify? but their charges are outrageous.

REQUIREMENTS:
Medical certificate (If card was issued before 1996 you won’t need a medical certificate)
Photos
Application form
Application letter
Legal Insurance
Police Good Conduct

Correct me if I am wrong but i don't think your list of requirements are quite correct. Well not for me, anyway!

Last edited:

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Correct me if I am wrong but i don't think your list of requirements are quite correct. Well not for me, anyway!

Requirements are:
Copy of residencia
Copy of cedula
Copy of my passport
Police good conduct
Bank referenece letter
Title deeds of my property
2 photos front face

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004

could be I just copied what the site said. Actually wondering about the Medical? Specifically for those with residency prior to 1996. Also did not mention anything about the bank information, or the title deeds if any.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
in any case. old temporal residency:

4khef8.jpg

old permanent residency:

mkci89.jpg

i could not find an example of now new residency cards look like. mine (permanent) is white.

a question in reference to this. i asked two friends who renewed permanent residency shortly before me and they both have residency card with blue stripes. mine is all white-ish.
how about others who renewed recently?

bennymack

Apr 12, 2006
a question in reference to this. i asked two friends who renewed permanent residency shortly before me and they both have residency card with blue stripes. mine is all white-ish.
how about others who renewed recently?

From what I can tell, you are ahead of me, so I can't really answer your question.

But I'm curious about the cards and what different ones are issued. My Cedula is green. My Residency Card is blue with white in the middle (similar to what you posted). One difference is that it's title is "Residencia Permanente (RP-1)" I'm not sure when I can move to Difinitiva.

Anyway, this thread has been very helpful.

Thanks!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
To answer DV8's question, mine is also white from Oct 2016 renewal

bless you, my woman. glad to know i'm not the only one. i just don't understand why my residency is different to that of a friend who renewed just days before and another one who renewed about 2 months earlier. both have had residency for about as long as i do.

Big Friendly

Aug 1, 2017
I just renewed my Permanent Residencia on-line for the first time. I live in Santo Domingo and finished the paperwork and the blood test and chest x-ray. Monday I go and get my photo and pick up my Immigration Card.

Now I need to renew my Cedula.

1) Where is the office in to do this in Santo Domingo?

2) What is the cost?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
1. departamento de extranjería of JCE is in edificio jhonson on lavenida uperon Luperón (809-537-9649). it's a smallish building. beware that there is a main office of dominican JCE on the same street.
2. the cost is roughly 1000 pesos per year. my last renewal was for 4 years and i paid 4,000 pesos, those who renewed for 2 year period paid 2,000. they will only renew the cedula for the validity of the residency.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I just renewed my Permanent Residencia on-line for the first time. I live in Santo Domingo and finished the paperwork and the blood test and chest x-ray. Monday I go and get my photo and pick up my Immigration Card.

Now I need to renew my Cedula.

1) Where is the office in to do this in Santo Domingo?

2) What is the cost?

If you come off the roundabout at the Plaza de la Bandera, and head south on Luperon, there is a car dealer on the right, I think it's a Mazda dealer, and the cedula office for foreigners is the building next to that on the right if you are facing it. They are very fast, I was in and out in 20 minutes even with quite a few people there. The cost was RD$ 4000 and you can pay with a card.