Residency

Adam Spenser

Nov 29, 2002
In Dr 1 of 7/4/03 it said that new offices were opened for foreigners to get residencies. It has been my understanding that since I do not work here or own property in my name or live here more than several months each year pursuant to a visa issued by the Dominican republic there was no requirement or reason to get a residency. Is that still correct.
Adam

Bolt

Jun 12, 2002
www.wireless-alarms.com
residency

A quick scan through the forums would have given the answers you need but briefly, you can stay here for up to 3 months on a tourist visa. A bit longer if you want to pay a small fine as some people do.

However, the law says you have 3 months as a visitor or you must leave and come back again for another 3 month tourist visa. It is just that and does not give anyone the right to work here or live here longer. The reason for increasing the number of offices to go and get your residency is because things are going to start getting real tough here soon. Its part of a phase of things to come as far too many people are outstaying their visits and bigger fines and refusal of future entry are earmarked for those who ignore the rules. The finer details of the residency process change almost monthly and although it is possible to do it all on your own it is not recommended. For that reason you must use a GOOD lawyer.

Last edited: