Revista deadline extended to 7 January

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
the hell with getting it the legal way, I am going to bribe someone and avoid long lines. Let me do my research in santo domingo and then I will post the info.
AZB

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
The Department for Ground Transport (DGTT) announced it will give those who have not obtained their "revista", the vehicular inspection sticker, until 7 January to obtain the document. AMET had announced that starting 1 January it would be towing vehicles that did not have the "marbete" or vehicular license to circulate AND the revista.

Long lines have formed at the Banco de Reservas where the RD$45 fee for the document is paid as most people left the renovation for last minute. The BanReservas had announced it would be working on Saturday until 4pm to issue the sticker. Once the fee is paid, then the drivers need to take the ehicle to the parking lot at the Quisqueya Ball Park, the Multicentro Churchill, Plaza Lama at 27 de Febrero, Carrefour or Megacentro.

The DGTT says that of the 800,000 vehicles in circulation, only 40% had obtained the "revista."

Is there a spot near the Luperon, I saw something about a CMSA Prolongacion 27th de Feb. Where is that?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
2n9gyvp.jpg

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
sooo, I got my 2 revistas... BUT the supposed deadline extension does not apply countrywide, I was told.

no such extension on the No Coast here in Cabrera.... HUGE lines.

so , be careful --- you may not be extended depending on your locale.

Oh --and no need for an inspection - just the sticker and paperwork which I am SURE cost more than the 40+ pesos

really dumb for a $1US item that must cost $2-3-4US plus all the manpower.....

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
the hell with getting it the legal way, I am going to bribe someone and avoid long lines. Let me do my research in santo domingo and then I will post the info.
AZB

Please do, I'm not willing to make a six or even a two hour line for each car.

eurodominican

Nov 19, 2005
com
Please do, I'm not willing to make a six or even a two hour line for each car.

I just loved it ! We drank coffee, beer etc. and chatted al the way long joked about foreigners, Dominicans and politicians. Even liked it that much that including my wife?s car, I did it 7 times and still don?t have mine. Last week Obras Publica pronounced in Santiago that they would even be working on dia de los reyes so I went happily again this morning at 6 am and was very much disappointed that nobody showed up. :laugh:

eurodominican

Nov 19, 2005
com
I’m already looking forward for tomorrow morning early again and take some antique stuff with me that I want to sell. Maybe I can convince the Obras Publicas workers that it’s not possessed and earn my 45 bendita pesos back and be able to buy 9 cups of coffee. But I’m afraid that that won’t happen. They always think we want to cheat them. BTW, I will be again at the Obras Publicas because that’s where they sell coffee, beer and Bocadilla’s. At the Stadium Cibao, none of this at all.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Imagine that Danilo really is doing 'lo que nunca se hizo' and will Amet have those wrecks checked and removed from the street throughout the year. I'll get nationalized then and vote for him (in 2020).

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Good news, this means I'm not going to get one.

I take that back. The day before yesterday I passed by the revista place in Santo Domingo by chance, saw no line, entered, five minutes later I was out, with my revista sticker.

Today I went with the other car, arrived at 8.30 (that's the time they are supposed to start). There were four lines, each of about 20 cars. It took half an hour for them to actually start, and then half an hour more before it was my turn. 9.30 I was out with my revista.

The only bad part of the process is that they don't know how to stick the sticker on your windshield. I like things straight and on a regular distance from the other stickers. They seem to try to stick it as skew as possible, or half covering the marbete sticker.

Those living in Santo Domingo: go now, don't wait till after the 15th of feb. And don't go at 8.30.