Robberies in Cabrera

Status
Not open for further replies.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Gracias Senora

I have been waiting for somebody from Cabrera to post here.

My friend knows this couple -- I do not.
Are they OK... I read into it that the shots were fired when the policia arrived

Thanks again

WW

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Yes, the couple, their son (who slept through the whole thing!) and their dogs are all okay. None of them were hurt... just shaken up. Only the policeman was shot (in the leg twice) at their home and he too is going to be okay. Two of the robbers were later shot and killed, but that was in a different location, several hours later. The last I had heard, the third robber was not yet found, but I was in Cabarete for the weekend, so I may have missed out on some updates. Hopefully he has now been found, but I am sure he won't be showing his face in Cabrera again anyway ...Nor any others for a while after seeing the result for these two!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Definitely,, the police have discouraged robbers... Cabrera should not be a target....... who would even think of coming there anyway?

They were in the house for an hour or more.. right?

Oh well... sleep with one eye open :pirate:

WW

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Community Sense

the robbers were not from Cabrera and ___ People truly care and look out for each other here. There is an amazing sense of community and family
That's good.
However, locals always say that the baddies come from other places and this may even be true in many cases.

But then, would a gang come up from - let's say from Santo Domingo or Santiago - without having a local to scout out targets?

donP

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You might be right Don P.

This a community on a hillside... houses tucked here and there ... not a strightforward grid type street layout.

You can look up at a house and have no idea if the road is from the left,or right or from behind.
That type of location makes getting away a bit easier too.... hiding is not a big problem.

WW

steve queen

Banned
Oct 13, 2009
i live on a high cliff overlooking the old lighthouse and the night these robberies occurred i saw a twinkle of light right below the cliff. i figured it was a fishing boat but when i retrieved my spyglass from the study and took a closer look it was a german u-boat full of sailors from the kriegsmarine. could cabrera be under attack from ex-nazis from sousa?

Status
Not open for further replies.