room safe at codo parque hotel

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
are there safes in the hotel rooms at this hotel. also, will a laptop be safe in the room when i am out? i would appreciate the pluses and minuses of staying at this place and appreciate anyone's feed back.

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Room Safes

There are room safes but they did not seem especially strong. I never had an issue with security or things in my room. When I have stayed there I did not have a laptop, but many other people staying there had them and used them on the rooftop terrace and at the bar/restaurant and no one mentioned any issue with keeping them safe in thier room. Walter seems to be very security concious and has a "buzz in" front door with 24 hour security. He allows guests but discourages multiple guests to keep issues from occuring, as they will when people allow strangers into thier rooms. Plusses: great price, great location, good food, good german beer at the bar, great owner( Walter). Minuses: some rooms are noisy and not particularly well lit, sometimes everyone at the bar only speaks german. All in all a good place and a good value.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Yes have safes

There are room safes but they did not seem especially strong. I never had an issue with security or things in my room. When I have stayed there I did not have a laptop, but many other people staying there had them and used them on the rooftop terrace and at the bar/restaurant and no one mentioned any issue with keeping them safe in thier room. Walter seems to be very security concious and has a "buzz in" front door with 24 hour security. He allows guests but discourages multiple guests to keep issues from occuring, as they will when people allow strangers into thier rooms. Plusses: great price, great location, good food, good german beer at the bar, great owner( Walter). Minuses: some rooms are noisy and not particularly well lit, sometimes everyone at the bar only speaks german. All in all a good place and a good value.

They are there, but I never used them, have never had an issue there, I have always left my laptop in the room, and have never lost anything, great place to stay. normally even when every one is speaking german you can find somebody to speak english with.

destinationbarahona

Nov 22, 2008
www.destinationbarahona.com
I am a German and sometimes I use the Condo parque also.
The safe is in fact a small metal box for exchange money. Space for cash and papers, not for cameras, laptops ore something like that.

Like said before: the hotel is safe, Walter have an eye on the selection of guests and you will not have the sextourist coming in with hookers.

I feel very safe and just in case: they have a special room where you can lock in your personal stuff (and this room is next to te bar, the key only in the hand of the owner) If you feel better, just ask Walter to deposit your "goods" over there.

Hotel is really a good option and great located in the "old town".

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
Thanks so much!

Thanks as I have made reservations from 4/3-4/12......i have always been a north coast guy...sosua but trying some change. Janice seemed very nice with the reservations today. is there a charge to bring a guest up ther in the eve?

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Nope

Thanks as I have made reservations from 4/3-4/12......i have always been a north coast guy...sosua but trying some change. Janice seemed very nice with the reservations today. is there a charge to bring a guest up ther in the eve?

Just remember that you have been informed that the owner does not allow a parade. This is more for security, which is what you were wanting in the first place. less street action, equal less theft.