Rum Commercial - a Must See!!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
You must take the time to watch this all the way through, it's absolutely precious!! If you don't understand Spanish, that's OK, you'll catch the drift as each segment progresses..

YouTube - Comercial de Barcelo La Abeja al Panal-Santiago

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/amaKCgHgB74?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/amaKCgHgB74?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

AE

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Great commercial, makes me thirsty!

Seriously, a nice story and I completely identify with the parents as I have three daughters. After all, hopefully only but the men with the best intentions would be persistant to win their maidens hand as opposed to the riff raff who will give up out of frustration. Wish me luck!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

Seriously, a nice story and I completely identify with the parents as I have three daughters. After all, hopefully only but the men with the best intentions would be persistant to win their maidens hand as opposed to the riff raff who will give up out of frustration. Wish me luck!

Three daughters, oh my. We had just one, who is thankfully married and a mommy now, my grey hairs not withstanding. There are some great guys out there, I hope they find your girls when the time is right.

I loved the last segment when they're together and see the other couple going through what they did, so cute! :bunny:

AE

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
There are some great guys out there, I hope they find your girls when the time is right.

AE

That issue and crime were my two most problematic issues for me for moving to the DR to raise our kids. However, I feel more comfortable as I understand the culture and among the better families here girls are expected to act within certain constraints. Then again we are not going to let them go out on the own until they're probably 18. :) Hopefully our values will have worn off enough on them that they are able to make good decisions.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That was one of the commercials that made Barcel? the #1 rum in the country for a while.
I have to say I know most of the persons in it! And it was done a looong time ago...
At the very end is Cucharimba, the magician. It was his sister that got me to drink coffee during a very tense time in my live...great lady.

When Barcel? switched from Nandy Rivas as their PR company their sales went down and have never recovered...

And, of course, the music by Juan Luis Guerra was a major hit!

HB

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
these commercials have been around for around 16 years, its a shame they stopped doing these types of commercials

What would the 2010 version be?

Pepe pepe pepe pepe pepe pepe
Pepe pepe pepe pepe pepe pepe
Se fueron la mujere porque por ah? anda pepe
Pepe pepe por ah? viene pepe
Mira como corren cada ve que ven a pepe

Reactions: AlterEgo

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
That issue and crime were my two most problematic issues for me for moving to the DR to raise our kids. However, I feel more comfortable as I understand the culture and among the better families here girls are expected to act within certain constraints. Then again we are not going to let them go out on the own until they're probably 18. :) Hopefully our values will have worn off enough on them that they are able to make good decisions.

chains, padlocks??? chastity belts?.... they do not work... just remember your bedtime stories about this chick with the long hair in that tower...

but yes... I hope your values have worn off enough...:cheeky:, but please do not count on that magical 18... (I know you are a long way off, still...lol)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
CB: Yes, the very same one. He has been there for over 40 years, scratching out a living...Love the guy!!

HB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
chains, padlocks??? chastity belts?.... they do not work... just remember your bedtime stories about this chick with the long hair in that tower...

but yes... I hope your values have worn off enough...:cheeky:, but please do not count on that magical 18... (I know you are a long way off, still...lol)

Peter, just like all good Catholic famlies here in the DR I have the goal of maintaining control over my daughters until they are adults. Fortunately, real life is a lot different than Hollywood, ie the overprotective father is mean, etc etc ad naseum and the kids naturally rebel. It doesn't have to be and two main ingredients to ward that off are love and engagement/involvement.

As far my values "wearing off" I hope not as my plan like all Catholics and Christians should be to get together.

Maybe we should discuss this further over a glass of Brugal. :)

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004

Well it is doable, I have 4 daughers all married now, not one pregnant out of wedlock, not saying they did not experment but at least if so they done it the safe way. good luck! inviting the boy in while cleaning your shotgun is also a good move.

Just remember at that age the guys only have one thing on their mind, and its not your daughers intelligence

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004

Seriously, a nice story and I completely identify with the parents as I have three daughters. After all, hopefully only but the men with the best intentions would be persistent to win their maidens hand as opposed to the riff raff who will give up out of frustration.

Be careful with that-it's usually the riff raff who are the most persistent (psychotics with an exaggerated sense of self) and the nice guys walk away out of frustration.

Why do you think so many nice girls wind up with tigeres? They are the ones who never give up.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Be careful with that-it's usually the riff raff who are the most persistent (psychotics with an exaggerated sense of self) and the nice guys walk away out of frustration.

Why do you think so many nice girls wind up with tigeres? They are the ones who never give up.

They are also more attractive to the ladies, even if the lady has been raised with the best family values. What they won't do is marry the tiguere (y aun asi...)

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Leave poor Chip alone,before he has a heart attack. I know if I had girls I would have been pretty protective, but I only had boys and as my mother says "A los otros que amarren sus gallinas que los gallos mios estan sueltos".

That commercial is cool. I love this one.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CJOEg8iOdPU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CJOEg8iOdPU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Even better the short guy gets his revenge on a subsequent ad

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WDmxP1CtU_c?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WDmxP1CtU_c?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited: