Sad news, Tom, owner of Scandinavian Bar and Restaurant has passed away

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
RIP Tom!

I really enjoyed your Beatles sets and cheeseburger watching the girls go by!

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Such sad news. He was one of the good guys and I will miss seeing him at the restaurant on my weekly beach days. My thoughts are with his wife and daughter.

Bob K

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Best burger on the beach . . . "We are not playing with your food."

Always great and . . . what more can one say?

Too many of the good guys are leaving us lately.

wbr

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
There will be a ceremony today at 1 pm (info on Facebook)

"Ceremony in the memory of Tom,
1:00pm tomorrow, Sunday at Tom’s bar, there will be a memorial service in honor of Tom.
According to Scandinavian Viking traditions and in the spirit of Tom, we invite to “GRAV?L”. This is originally a day in memory of the person who passed away, and where people drink beer and reminiscing about the great time they had together.
This tradition is normally held seven days after a person's death, but Janett is presumably going to Norway on Tuesday, so we decided to arrange this before she leaves.
Hope to see you all down at Tom's tomorrow."

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
wow. what a shocker. I knew the man well and always ate at his restaurant when I used to go to sosua.
RIP brother.
AZB

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
A true hardworking family man has left us. As a fellow Scandinavian I felt really at home at your restaurant on Sosua beach at which I spent almost every day there during my stays. In fact you, your restaurant and the friendly people at your place was the main reason for my trips to Sosua.

Sosua beach will never be the same without you that I am certain of

RIP Tom, you are greatly missed by so many