Safe way to sell stuff...

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
Too late Caonabo. I just learned from my GF that the deal has been consummated! Before I could give her any more tips.

Here's how it went down...
She got a military guy from her work to go with her to her apartment in the afternoon. When they were there the woman came with a guy and his truck. She checked the piece, all was good and she paid cash. They loaded it onto the truck and that was it. Then they went back to work.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Yes, Dominicans always think they can buy something off a gringo cheap (and in good condition), hence they rush in sometime, although their assumption is not that wrong, I have seen so many who bought things at half the price from foreigners, but not always....

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
Yes, Dominicans always think they can buy something off a gringo cheap (and in good condition), hence they rush in sometime, although their assumption is not that wrong, I have seen so many who bought things at half the price from foreigners, but not always....

Well this time you got it wrong. :)

You see, I am a gringo, but I am not in DR, nor did I have anything to do with the sale. My GF is a bona fide Dominicana.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Now it all makes sense. You're not in the DR. Girlfriend placing ads to sell household goods. Tells you about some of the items, forgets to mention all of the stuff that's yours that's gone out the door. :)

Last ad in the series... Girlfriend, great shape, hardly used by previous title holder, was not in the DR often... :-0

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
"Gently used" that should read Buster ......

very funny.....hahaha

Lots of miles left..... minimal wear & tear... fast learner.....
we could make a real list at Mark's expense... !!!

Just funnin' Mark

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

It's usually because they can, and they are well aware of this fact. Most gringos have time constraints for their transactions. Whether it be they want a more modern version of an item they already possess, or if life just happens to change for them, professionally, educationally, or legally speaking. Dominicans would be content with having an item on the market until they gain the asking price they are seeking, whereas gringos will not wait 3, 6 or 12 months to sell an item.

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
I would put the piece of furniture outside the home so that they don't need to access to the inside of the home. Iwould also have a few neighbors over for a beer at the time that they are picking up. Yes, it's funny that using cash is a good safety measure, smh.
And halfway down the block...

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
Scam buyers will also fish you for personal info before a sale. Watch out for this. They ask for names and email addresses.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Well this time you got it wrong. :)

You see, I am a gringo, but I am not in DR, nor did I have anything to do with the sale. My GF is a bona fide Dominicana.

This was not meant for you, it was in response to those foreign sellers who said they prefer Dominican buyers... not me, but each to his own.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Seems as though I was responsible for an off topic suggestion about the buyer and seller check each other out using facebook. Not sure how that isn't DR related enough and my only intention was to suggest a way to add to the safety of a transaction in the DR.