San Cristobal

cinesw

Nov 4, 2006
I own a home with mu Dominican wife in San Cris...

I have been there five times in the past year and a half. Unfortunately I cannot say it is a great place to go or stay I own a house with my wife in Cambita of San Cristobal which is even smaller than the city if you want to stay somewhere close and more lively and cultural I would stay in one of the hotels in and around SANTO DOMINGO, if you rent a car about 40.00 bucks for the day you can go on a field trip to the Taino and early Indian settlers or Natives CAVES in San Cristobal if they are opened they are near a mining facility ,(when I went they were closed) also like the home town person said there is a cool villa type hotel on the road to Palenque playa several minutes from that beach ,.. both are about twenty something minutes or so out of San Cristobal City. but different directions. Do the field trips and stay in Santo Domingo . Sincerely Cinesw

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
hey!

Well if we ever make it there at the same time - maybe we'll meet up at La Roka on a Monday ;)

sorry for the delayed response! busy at work!
NO DOUBT! if we are there at the same time, LA ROCKA it is! LOL
i went to the VIAJERO over the xmas break and that was nice too! :)
anywhere in DR is fine by me my dear! hope all is well!

Jaime

jvega120

Mar 25, 2007
I am trying to plan a wedding near san Cristobal or Baharona, can anyone suggest a resort, a hotel, something that would accomodate a group of may 20 to 25 ppl?

Mike from Lisbon

Apr 15, 2007
I have been there five times in the past year and a half. Unfortunately I cannot say it is a great place to go or stay I own a house with my wife in Cambita

Sure, San Cristobal ist not a tourist attraction, but we like it. It's quite safe (if people know you and you don't act as a typical tourist). I liked the authentic market (mercado), which at the beginning I found a bit frightening, but isn't at all. You'll find much better food there, than in the "Sirena" the former "Ol?" supermarket.

Everyday highlight was the ride with the "moto" for 20 Pesos, because there is always something to buy or a place to go to, or take a pizza home, from one of the best Pizzarias I know (sorry, I forgot the name, but it's very close to the main square and has a garden). "El Sita", a nice place to have breakfast and a beautiful Ananas milkshake (which takes a while to prepare, but it's worth waiting).

Can't wait to be back in San Cristobal :)

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
I am trying to plan a wedding near san Cristobal or Baharona, can anyone suggest a resort, a hotel, something that would accomodate a group of may 20 to 25 ppl?

Barahona, hotel Pontevedra or Casa Bonita offer beautiful scenery for a beach wedding