Sancocho Dominicano

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Sancocho is OK, but not near as delicious as a good Yankee pot roast slow cooked on Sundays with potatoes and carrots and served with Worcestershire sauce.

Attachments

• new-england-yankee-pot-roast-recipe.jpg
    new-england-yankee-pot-roast-recipe.jpg
    472.5 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: Farmer

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Over rated meat soup yuk-o like corn on pizza
I'm probably one of a handful of born-and-raised-in-the-DR nincompoops who dislikes corn on pizza.
It's almost as bad as having mustard on a burger, and just shy of the worst food ever: tuna.

Reactions: cavok

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I'm probably one of a handful of born-and-raised-in-the-DR nincompoops who dislikes corn on pizza.
It's almost as bad as having mustard on a burger, and just shy of the worst food ever: tuna.
First time I ever saw that was here. Even worse is pineapple on pizza. Mustard on a burger is bad enough, but it's the two more ounces of ketchup and two ounces of mayo that they squirt on top that really grosses me out.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
First time I ever saw that was here. Even worse is pineapple on pizza. Mustard on a burger is bad enough, but it's the two more ounces of ketchup and two ounces of mayo that they squirt on top that really grosses me out.
Yeah. Dominicans call it pizza hawaiiana, Hawaiian-style pizza. No can do. I can't go for that.

Pikobello

Nov 12, 2020
Santo Domingo
Yeah. Dominicans call it pizza hawaiiana, Hawaiian-style pizza. No can do. I can't go for that.
My dom. wife loves it, my german parents too. One of the best Sanconchos I ever eat was in Jarabacoa, we bought Longaniza de conejo on the road to the town, never ever I tasted a more delicious Longaniza like that.
Bob,I'm sure you know where to buy it.

Reactions: Lucifer