Sankified...

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ok!

MaineGirl said:
I've quickly realized that my question really has no place here. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, since that was not my intent. If you would edit out the comment from your post perhaps we can put this to rest.
I got your PM.

If what you wrote on the PM was all you asked, I do not think that it was out of line. A little tacky but not out of line. I am a "debater" and "debaters" are not easily offended.

I hope that my explanation was enough for you

Now let's carry on with the original topic.

Last edited:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Potato_Salad said:
Very good points you have there. :)

I would love to visit Brazil or Argentina. But my work schedule does not allow me much time. The DR is only a 3-hour flight from NYC (where I live and work). So I tend to go to the DR. But if I have the chance, I will check out South America. :)

You are correct--being nice does not work at times.

Yeah, well I thought the same thing-the DR is close and alot cheaper to fly to than the other 2 places I mentioned-but after 5 trips the DR chicas are getting played.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Hey, thanks for the two votes of confidence. I know what a high jacked thread looks like now. From a story from a sad sack-me-to carwash girls, to a mysterious post that was deleted-wow-
Headed for where? Who knows-
Any way-thanks for reading about my crap. I am still living here, a bit more cautious, and have many amigo's real aqui. Some days I love it here and others I want that boat to P.Rico.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
why can't you guys just learn to have fun and move on? Why does it always have to be a relationship? why do so many people want to get married? I just don't get it.
Come here, meet a bar slut, have fun and move on. What is so difficult about that?
AZB

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Another great post from AZB. Have moved on-just airing some thoughts bonehead.
Oh, and thanks for writing.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Anna, I was not trying to pick your thread apart. Men are men whether they are Dominican, American, Canadian, or from any place else in the world. I know Dominican men who have been married to the same woman for over 40 years and have never cheated on their wives. On the other side of that coin I know Dominican men who are in long term relationships and refuse to keep their eyes and hands off of other women.

What sets apart a good Dominican man from a Sankie, is the same thing that sets any man who miss treats a woman, anywhere in the world, apart from what the woman expects from her man. Relationships are individual things and we all have different expectations, needs and desires. Love truly is blind. We need look no farther than our own TV sets to see these facts. Just watch Judge Judy or Dr. Phil for a week and see how many abusive relationships are trotted out for us to view.

The points you make in your post are quite valid and no one ever wants to get hurt in any relationship, but it happens. We as humans refuse to guard our hearts, or out pocket books. Hopefully we learn from our experiences.

Personally, in matters of love and lust in the DR, I have found that culture is a big player. Without understanding the language or the culture, any relationship is set for failure. Hopefully all of us who are searching for love in the DR will eventually find what we are looking for.

Chuckuindy